1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:201 edit
    Let's say an articulate Martian with an acquired facility for the English Language landed in the UK,
    discovered RHP, became a subscriber and the OP of its first General Forum Thread was.....

"Would someone please explain this thing that Homo Sapiens refer to as compensatory behaviour?

Thank you. ~An Inquiring Mind from Mars"
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let's say an articulate Martian with an acquired facility for the English Language landed in the UK,
    discovered RHP, became a subscriber and the OP of its first General Forum Thread was.....

"Would someone please explain this thing that Homo Sapiens refer to as compensatory behaviour?

it helps you not to feel guilty or anxious you dopey Martian twat.go and get yourself a fecking dictionary, or better take it to the help forum spanky.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:46

Martians are only interested in one thing: Totally Assured Destruction of the Earth and its denizens. They would never deign to play chess with humans, even cushioned by the insulating layers of technology provided by the Internet; it would make them sick to their twenty-chambered stomachs.

I'm rather surprised and disappointed at your ignorance about these facts, GB. Like so many people today you seem to take little interest in the politics of our solar system.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 03:15

Earthling: interesting question, Martian. What is it that raises this particular question?

Martian: Well, um, you see, er, we were here to monitor your most recent launching of your spaceship missle and noticed the shape and size for such a silly and small mission. We entered the description of the mission along with small size and big ideas and that word, compensating, came up. So when we looked up compensating, wit basically described pay for work that was done and that left us wondering. Look, we're just asking.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 04:18
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Martians are only interested in one thing: Totally Assured Destruction of the Earth and its denizens. They would never deign to play chess with humans, even cushioned by the insulating layers of technology provided by the Internet; it would make them sick to their twenty-chambered stomachs.

I'm rather surprised and disappointed at your ignorance a ...[text shortened]... Like so many people today you seem to take little interest in the politics of our solar system.
    NER, please consider indulging an ounce of whimsy with regard to the format of this rather prevalent online phenomena.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 04:22
    NER, please consider indulging an ounce of whimsy with regard to the format of this rather prevalent online phenomena.
    Phenomenon, surely.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 04:29
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Phenomenon, surely.
    Plural or Singular: wasn't sure whether to suggest varieties of compensatory behaviour or the event itself. Thanks.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 12:57
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Martians are only interested in one thing: Totally Assured Destruction of the Earth and its denizens.
    Nah, that's only Marvin. Most Martians are only interested in our women. Goodness knows why; it's not as if they're physically compatible, having 5 penises each half an inch long.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 13:17
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Nah, that's only Marvin. Most Martians are only interested in our women. Goodness knows why; it's not as if they're physically compatible, having 5 penises each half an inch long.
    You sound as though you speak from experience.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 13:37

Is this yet another one of your passive aggressive barbs at other members of this forum who's "compensatory behaviour" you disapprove of?
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 13:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is this yet another one of your passive aggressive barbs at other members of this forum who's "compensatory behaviour" you disapprove of?
    Shhh, the Martians might hear you.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 14:00
    "Compensatory Behaviour"

Would you like me to get the on-topic conversational ball rolling with one of mine?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 14:06
    [b]"Compensatory Behaviour"

Would you like me to get the on-topic conversational ball rolling with one of mine?[/b]
    I just notice that you seem to start a lot of threads which cast a back-handed slap at unspecified forum posters.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 14:57
    I just notice that you seem to start a lot of threads which cast a back-handed slap at unspecified forum posters.
    One of my compensatory behaviours is that most all of my posts are right index digit hunt and peck concise since I've never learned to type. In business there were always assistants or secretaries to handle the correspondence responsibilities from my handwritten text and/or dictation in a hand held device. "I just notice that you seem to start a lot of threads which cast a back-handed slap at unspecified forum posters." divegeester, I have no ill will toward or desire to hurt anyone on this site. Would you like another one of my online compensatory behaviours or are you ready to discuss the phenomenon itself?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 15:05
    I have no ill will toward or desire to hurt anyone on this site.
    You having a poke at certain online behaviours is not necessarily congruent with a "desire to hurt anyone" and more than me making these comments means I "wish any ill will to you". 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree