1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:08
    "Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

3.[/b]
    Before asking us to give explanations for atheists talking about god more than
    theists you must first demonstrate that (collectively) atheists do in fact talk
    about god more than theists do.

This you will not be able to do as it is not in fact true.

Theists talk about god way more than atheists do.

Your premise is false.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:18
    [b]"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

3.[/b]
    a quote from a 1900's sport journalist.............how very relevant. i take your heywood broun and raise you david ike.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge

Theists talk about god [b]way
    more than atheists do.

Your premise is false.[/b]
    Thanks for your opinion, googlefudge.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:40

more than atheists do.

What you seem to fail to realize is that the belief that "atheists do in fact talk about god more than theists do" is all that is required. Accept this free gift rather than blindly remaining the victim of self deception, self justification and self absorption.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:44
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    a quote from a 1900's sport journalist.............how very relevant. i take your heywood broun and raise you david ike.
    He also said, "Sports do not build character. They reveal it.": same as in competitive online public forums.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:55
    He also said, "Sports do not build character. They reveal it.": same as in competitive online public forums.
    another stupid quote. i hope he was a better journalist. are you saying character is fixed and cannot be built and developed?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:12
    another stupid quote. i hope he was a better journalist. are you saying character is fixed and cannot be built and developed?
    Be nice to read a few quotations that please you. Observation is from Heywood Broun not yours truly. Our character begins developing in childhood and continues to develop positive or negative character traits until we move to our eternal address.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:13
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What you seem to fail to realize is that the belief that "atheists do in fact talk about god more than theists do" is all that is required. Accept this free gift rather than blindly remaining the victim of self deception, self justification and self absorption.
    Finally catching on...

lol
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:29
    Be nice to read a few quotations that please you. Observation is from Heywood Broun not yours truly. Our character begins developing in childhood and continues to develop positive or negative character traits until we move to our eternal address.
    if you put up a quote with no expectation or side notes of your own then i can only assume that you feel the quotes speak for you. i have lots of quotes i love, but i feel that a forum is a place for my words and thinking.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 23:13
    Finally catching on...

lol
    Took a while to realize the versatility of vacuous eternal rhetoric.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Took a while to realize the versatility of vacuous eternal rhetoric.
    TOO, "v" words are sometimes both onomatopoetic and cool....
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 06:40

more than atheists do.

Grampy hides behind a quote to avoid showing his own opinion in the matter.
    Or perhaps he has no opinion at all.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Grampy hides behind a quote to avoid showing his own opinion in the matter.
    Or perhaps he has no opinion at all.
    Fabian, Svenska Pojke isn't hiding; rather, he's establishing an author's premise for the purpose of eliciting responses:

"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

3."

If you have one, please feel free to express it. You're among friends.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 21:47
    if you put up a quote with no expectation or side notes of your own then i can only assume that you feel the quotes speak for you. i have lots of quotes i love, but i feel that a forum is a place for my words and thinking.
    stellspalfie, quote caught my attention as relevant to some contributors to this forum.... hoped you would respond not react.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree