Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 09:40
    :
    R.I.P. Mike Lomax (mikelom)
    Originally posted by grandmasteryoda
    Thread 163942
    For those that knew him, Mike Lomax (user mikelom) passed away yesterday after a year-long battle with cancer. It was looking good for him, hence his current profile comments, but unfortunately things turned for the worse over the past few days.

Mike had been active on this site for many years and he was a good friend. Many of you will have played him. R.I.P. Mike.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 09:45
    This is hard to digest. I was in discussion with him only a few days ago about collaborating over some work. This is such a shock. My thoughts go out to his wife and family and all his friends wherever they are.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 09:53
    I was under the impression that he was recovering, but as is so often the way with these horrible diseases, they can be resurgent.

Mike was a very smart guy and also a strong chess player with a sharp SoH often expressed in the forums. He once sent me a draft of a kids book he had written - talented too! A big loss to his widow and indeed this site.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 10:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    :
    R.I.P. Mike Lomax (mikelom)
    Originally posted by grandmasteryoda
    Thread 163942
    For those that knew him, Mike Lomax (user mikelom) passed away yesterday after a year-long battle with cancer. It was looking good for him, hence his current profile comments, but unfortunately things turned for the worse over the past few days ...[text shortened]... for many years and he was a good friend. Many of you will have played him. R.I.P. Mike.
    Mike and I hadn't played a game unfortunately, but I liked his gentle voice in the forum. I remember Mike expressing his sentiments and deep love for his wife. My prayers go out to mike's family.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 13:05
    I always valued his posts, and am sad that there will be no more of them.

Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 00:45
    "R.I.P. Mike Lomax (mikelom)"
    For additional condolences, please see General Forum Thread 163956 and Only Chess Forum Thread 163942
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 01:24
    Gate Gate Paragate Parasam gate Bodhi Svaha!

*Gone, Gone, Gone beyond Gone utterly beyond...
    Oh! what an Awakening!

Om Svaha, Friend
    _()_
  8. Joined
    26 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '15 15:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '15 00:511 edit
    "R.I.P. Mike Lomax (mikelom)" Thread 163956 (Page 2) May 26, 2015

Originally posted by Jewiemax
    "Hi Mike's sister here, Julie. We cannot know what illness Mike had- he claimed he had cancer, was thousands of miles away from family, and did not want to worry anyone. However his death was suicide by taking too many colchicine tablets and drinking whiskey after battling an alcohol addiction for thirty years. very very sad, and we are all devastated, sorry but I want the truth out there. If anyone needs to get in touch I am on fb, and also my email is juxamoldrof@gmail.com. I dearly loved my little brother and am so shocked, hope I am not upsetting anyone, but I believe in telling the truth."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree