1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 10:46
    "Some people are hated just because they are being themselves and being honest and truthful." -ChessPraxis
    [25 Apr '12 in "Why some people are disliked..."] Your thoughts on whether his insight still applies today?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 10:50
    "We hate them because they think they are better than us!"
    "How do you know that?"
    "It's obvious... They keep silent, don't even say hello. They must think that!"
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 12:01
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Some people are hated just because they are being themselves and being honest and truthful." -ChessPraxis
    [25 Apr '12 in "Why some people are disliked..."] Your thoughts on whether his insight still applies today?
    Same reason others are loved I guess.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 12:19
    It's something like wars, they always happen and always will.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:191 edit
    vandervelde, please continue your on topic dialogue; it'll be interesting to see where it goes as well as its conclusions.

divegeester, your comment: "Same reason others are loved I guess." brings to mind the fact that while people generally love their entire family, they sometimes don't really like a few of member within the same or previous generations.

Great Big Stees, your comment: "It's something like wars, they always happen and always will." has certainly been proven true historically from the earliest tribal civilizations to present day technologically advanced societies. Virtually all peoples have declared war when the provocation of external threats has been perceived. Does the same cause/effect principle apply to individuals who become hostile and develop hatreds toward other men and women by whom they feel threatened?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:27
    vandervelde, please continue your on topic dialogue; it'll be interesting to see where it goes as well as its conclusions.

divegeester, your comment: "Same reason others are loved I guess." brings to mind the fact that while people generally love their entire family, they sometimes don't really like a few of member within the sam ...[text shortened]... who become hostile and develop hatreds toward other men and women by whom they feel threatened?
    I think my point suggests yes because it takes individuals to start "wars" whether they are large (involving nations) or small (involving individuals).
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:33
    Very profound, couldn't have said it better mysel...
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:38
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:391 edit
    A person can put up a false, homogenized, politically correct front.
    Say someone almost universally hated like Hitler. He could have and did put on a false front, deceived an entire nation, foreign diplomats and plunged the world into genocide and war.
    If he would have been honest, no one would have given him the time of day.
    Refer back to the Biblical Satan, lies steals and deceives. 🙂
    Case in point, myself, if I was a falsely nice and lovable people would be more accepting of me. In real life I am sarcastic and abrasive. People come to expect that and me saying just what I think.
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:42
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    A person can put up a false, homogenized, politically correct front.
    Say someone almost universally hated like Hitler. He could have and did put on a false front, deceived an entire nation, foreign diplomats and plunged the world into genocide and war.
    If he would have been honest, no one would have given him the time of day.
    Refer back to the Biblica ...[text shortened]... al life I am sarcastic and abrasive. People come to expect that and me saying just what I think.
    You can speak your mind without being sarcastic
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:46
    Originally posted by lolof
    You can speak your mind without being sarcastic
    Not the way my mind works. It's like I have a Don Rickles app in my brain. 🙂
  12. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Not the way my mind works. It's like I have a Don Rickles app in my brain. 🙂
    I think that generally we want to like other people, we try our best to do it. Sarcasm would make it difficult for me to like someone - the way I see it, sarcasm is humiliating and patronising.

Do we have the same understanding of the word?
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 18:21
    Originally posted by lolof
    I think that generally we want to like other people, we try our best to do it. Sarcasm would make it difficult for me to like someone - the way I see it, sarcasm is humiliating and patronising.

Do we have the same understanding of the word?
    Forget what I said - I think you were just kidding as usual... 🙂
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 18:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '15 19:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You have to know someone quite well to actually HATE them, IMHO. There is a fine line between Love and Hate. I've known married couples who divorced after 20 plus years and both said they hated the other one. Only they would know in their own hearts if this was true. We know one thing for sure, that at one time they loved each other.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree