1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 01:28
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jesus-Christ-is-KING/191900549668

Jesus Christ is KING

I used to think that "Thou shalt not judge" was one of the Ten Commandments. Every time I saw someone judging I would say "stop judging! The bible says you shouldn't judge, it's one of Gods commandments"

No one knew the commandments so no one ever told me "You're wrong". Most of the time they would just apologise for that. I used to do this all the time until I saw a movie about the Ten Commandments. I soon started reading the bible also and found that I was wrong....God tells us in the Old and New Testament to judge righteously several times. Crazy right? We all think think because Jesus said "Judge not lest you be judged" that he meant never to judge at all. He later goes on to say to pluck out the log in our own eye BEFORE trying to take the speck out our brothers. He also says "Judge not by appearance but GIVE righteous judgement".

He's telling us to clean up our own act before trying to clean up someone else's. in fact I was wrongfully judging people by saying "Thou shalt not judge" all the time. I was a hypocrite who didn't fix my own acts when I was saying that. I just thought I should share this little story because whenever I post a bible verse that someone doesn't like...I always get that "Hey stop judging!" Or "The bible says not to judge!". Please, take the log out of your own eye brothers/sisters.

John 7:24
    1 Cor. 5:11-13
    1 Cor. 2:15
    Ezekiel 22:2
    Deuteronomy 16:18-20
    Leviticus 19:15
    Deuteronomy 1:16-17
    1 Samuel 7:15
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 06:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jesus-Christ-is-KING/191900549668

Jesus Christ is KING

I used to think that "Thou shalt not judge" was one of the Ten Commandments. Every time I saw someone judging I would say "stop judging! The bible says you shouldn't judge, it's one of Gods commandments"

No one knew the commandments so no one ever told me "You' ...[text shortened]... 15
    Ezekiel 22:2
    Deuteronomy 16:18-20
    Leviticus 19:15
    Deuteronomy 1:16-17
    1 Samuel 7:15
    Isn't it obvious that there is a difference between judging someone [condemning] and using judgement about someone [discernment]?

Or do you mean something else?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 07:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Isn't it obvious that there is a difference between judging someone [condemning] and using judgement about someone [discernment]?

Or do you mean something else?
    I think you are on to something here, we are to walk without fault, but we
    know that is frigging impossible. Condemning someone basically ends all
    the discussion right there and then, they are judged and forever wrong.
    While using discernment we can see the wrong, but not condemn instead
    try to heal, cause repentance, whatever is needed. I like the story Jesus
    told about the guy who owed a great debt that was forgiven him, but he
    would not free someone from a debt of a trifle amount. When that got back
    the one that let him go of a great debt, he became very angry and laid it
    all back on him. We all come up short so we all need to be more willing to
    forgive than condemn, if we want mercy we need to also show it.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 14:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think you are on to something here, we are to walk without fault, but we
    know that is frigging impossible. Condemning someone basically ends all
    the discussion right there and then, they are judged and forever wrong.
    While using discernment we can see the wrong, but not condemn instead
    try to heal, cause repentance, whatever is needed. I like the stor ...[text shortened]... ed to be more willing to
    forgive than condemn, if we want mercy we need to also show it.
    Kelly
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 9:13 But you go and learn what this means:'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. "

Matthew 12:7 But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 15:23
    People judge each other all the time.
    The Bible has a book of judges and in our legal
    system ( worldwide ) people are judged all the time.

Since time immemorial people have been judged and always will be.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 22:262 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    People judge each other all the time.
    The Bible has a book of judges and in our legal
    system ( worldwide ) people are judged all the time.

Since time immemorial people have been judged and always will be.
    They are judged and condemned to punishment and even death by man made courts. Is this not an example to us of how Christ's judgment will be?

I believe righteous judgment by a Christian is necessary to bring the sins of others to their attention as a warning, so they can repent and avoid the final judgment and condemnation of the second death in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. If we warn them by righteous judgment and even condemnation, they might be motivated to look to Christ for salvation and avoid the second death before it is too late.. What kind of Christian would not warn one he believes is heading for the Lake of Fire and Brimstone so that person has a chance to avoid it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree