1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 00:35
    "a result not the means"

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household [if they also believe]". Acts 16:31 Good works: a result not the means of salvation. Why risk flawed logic or rationalization on your eternal address? We're either for or against the person and substitutionary work of Christ [His reconciliation of us to God the Father]. Back in October, 2014.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 02:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"a result not the means"

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household [if they also believe]". Acts 16:31 Good works: a result not the means of salvation. Why risk flawed logic or rationalization on your eternal address? We're either for or against the person and substitutionary work of Christ [His reconciliation of us to God the Father]. Back in October, 2014.[/b]
    I don't see how being a non-believer is a "risk" at all. The problem with oversized fridge magnets like your OP is that they seem to be intended for the choir's consumption whilst not making a serious point. Do you really mean to suggest that people who do not believe the claims you make about "the person and substitutionary work of Christ" should pretend to do so?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 04:35
    Why risk flawed logic or rationalization on your eternal address? We're either for or against the person and substitutionary work of Christ
    Perhaps we don't want to share the same address as you.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 04:36
    . Back in October, 2014.
    Seems you are back now?
    But thanks for the warning.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 05:32
    Back in October, 2014.
    Wasn't aware you were away
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 12:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't see how being a non-believer is a "risk" at all. The problem with oversized fridge magnets like your OP is that they seem to be intended for the choir's consumption whilst not making a serious point. Do you really mean to suggest that people who do not believe the claims you make about "the person and substitutionary work of Christ" should pretend to do so?
    "I don't see how being a non-believer is a "risk" at all."

Obviously!

"The problem with oversized fridge magnets like your OP is that they seem to be intended for the choir's consumption whilst not making a serious point."

The point is for the unbeliever. Believers already know that Jesus has saved them through His substitutionary death on the cross on the behalf of those who believe. Your "oversized fridge magnet" reply misses the point.

"Do you really mean to suggest that people who do not believe the claims you make about "the person and substitutionary work of Christ" should pretend to do so?"

That is merely an obtuse obfuscation of the OP. Who would make such a suggestion, and why would anyone think that one should "pretend" to believe?

It's so idiotic in fact, I hesitate to dignify your post with a reply, but what the heck, your next reply will be sure to be even more intellectually challenging. 😕
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 13:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Perhaps we don't want to share the same address as you.
    Your choice.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 13:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I don't see how being a non-believer is a "risk" at all."

Obviously!

"The problem with oversized fridge magnets like your OP is that they seem to be intended for the choir's consumption whilst not making a serious point."

The point is for the unbeliever. Believers already know that Jesus has saved them through His substitutionary dea ...[text shortened]... , but what the heck, your next reply will be sure to be even more intellectually challenging. 😕[/b]
    If one does not believe the claims that people like you and Grampy Bobby make, then why would one believe the claim that not believing is a "risk"?
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 14:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think what Bobby is trying to point out is that, in his theology, salvation is a gift freely given by God
    and not dependent on good works or Brownie points. If you accept Christ as your savior and adhere
    to Christian doctrine, the good works come automatically. The real or imagined risk of not accepting
    is purely subjective.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 15:57
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I think what Bobby is trying to point out is that, in his theology, salvation is a gift freely given by God
    and not dependent on good works or Brownie points. If you accept Christ as your savior and adhere
    to Christian doctrine, the good works come automatically. The real or imagined risk of not accepting
    is purely subjective.
    The "gift" is in Grampy Bobby's imagination. The notion that an unbeliever not imagining the same thing as him somehow creates a "risk" for the unbeliever that he will be tortured in burning agony for ever and ever [the so-called "eternal address"] only make sense to believers and only to those who share his 'extorted love' ideology. These "threats" mean nothing to unbelievers. They are sheer vanity.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 16:02
    [b]"a result not the means"

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household [if they also believe]". Acts 16:31 Good works: a result not the means of salvation. Why risk flawed logic or rationalization on your eternal address? We're either for or against the person and substitutionary work of Christ [His reconciliation of us to God the Father]. Back in October, 2014.[/b]
    Grampy, how have you been my brother ?

Isn't it wonderful that God granted us the ability to believe in Jesus Christ ?
    I thank God that His mercy granted me the ability to believe.

When I hear some of these smart guys go on and on with such eloquent reasonings of unbelief, I want to bow my head and thank God that He led me out of that labyrinth of vain reasonings, giving me the heart to believe in the Son of God.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 16:061 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    When I hear some of these smart guys go on and on with such eloquent reasonings of unbelief, I want to bow my head and thank God that He led me out of that labyrinth of vain reasonings, giving me the heart to believe in the Son of God.
    What do you suggest a non-Christian do if he or she simply does not believe the same things as you and Grampy Bobby just so happen to believe?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 17:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    What do you suggest a non-Christian do if he or she simply does not believe the same things as you and Grampy Bobby just so happen to believe?
    LOL.

Grampy and me disagree on quite a bit behind the scenes. Trust me.

The truth is a Person.
    You have to come in contact with the Person.

"I am the way" is about a living Person.

I am the way and the truth ..." is about a living Person. Unusual for sure, but a living Person - Jesus.

"I am the way and the truth and the life ..." is about a living Person.

Whenever the heart turns to the Lord as a Person, the veil will be taken away. That is the veil obscuring the revelation that God, the Christ is a living Person.

"Indeed unto this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart; But whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." ( 2 Cor. 4:15,16)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 17:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    LOL.

Grampy and me disagree on quite a bit behind the scenes. Trust me.

The truth is a Person.
    You have to come in contact with the Person.

[b]"I am the way"
    is about a living Person.

I am the way and the truth ..." is about a living Person. Unusual for sure, but a living Person - Jesus.

"I am the way and the truth an ...[text shortened]... t whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." ( 2 Cor. 4:15,16) [/b]
    We can agree on this.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 18:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We can agree on this.
    Good. I'm glad we can agree.

I think this is the "one thing" Paul told the Philippians all to think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree