1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 01:591 edit
    Going out to the backyard now to grill some chicken and chicken sausage for dinner. I can usually see some local fireworks from my backyard, maybe I'll see some this year. Maybe there'll be some on TV later too.

Not going out, though, as with all the traffic checkpoints, I hate having to show my ID every mile or so once the bars get going. I do my drinking at home now on July 4 and December 31. I'll leave the drunken driving arrests to the younger crowd. 🙂

What is/was everyone else doing for today/tonight's celebration?

(DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I'm only speaking to the Americans for the last question. I realize we're the only ones celebrating. )
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 06:283 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Going out to the backyard now to grill some chicken and chicken sausage for dinner. I can usually see some local fireworks from my backyard, maybe I'll see some this year. Maybe there'll be some on TV later too.

Not going out, though, as with all the traffic checkpoints, I hate having to show my ID every mile or so once the bars get going. I do my dri ...[text shortened]... y speaking to the Americans for the last question. I realize we're the only ones celebrating. )
    American report: We had Trader Joe's Pizza for dinner, with salad and a nice Italian white, strawberries and blueberries for dessert, saw a nature documentary and then a July 4 concert on TV, endured neighborhood fireworks, went to bed.

I will soon be asleep. She's snoring quite peacefully,
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 08:20
    Happy 4th July to all old Yugoslavians - Faighter's (Resistanse's Day from 1941)--- 😉
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 10:02
    Good riddance.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 10:48
    I fly the union jack and thank the lord we gave you up.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 11:39
    We have ex-pat yanks (Kentucky) neighbours down the road and they fire off a few canon shots(yes the actually have a canon, although small) along with some bourbon shots too. Happy 4th Suzianne and the rest of you revolutionaries, a day late.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree