1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 09:26
    A few years back I watched a fascinating movie called A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe. It was about the life of John Nash, a math wiz from Princeton. This guy was a looney at times, no doubt, and even spent time in a mental instutition, nevertheless, some of his mathemetical work produced formulas that have helped labor and trade negotiations, and have been used in economic planning. Maybe nations need to do away with their present lawmakers, and let mathmeticians run our countries. Politics would be more boring, no doubt, but I bet things would run a lot smoother. Now, this isn't going to happen of course, but it's a nice thought! 😉
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 09:40
    Originally posted by bill718
    A few years back I watched a fascinating movie called A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe. It was about the life of John Nash, a math wiz from Princeton. This guy was a looney at times, no doubt, and even spent time in a mental instutition, nevertheless, some of his mathemetical work produced formulas that have helped labor and trade negotiations, and have b ...[text shortened]... ld run a lot smoother. Now, this isn't going to happen of course, but it's a nice thought! 😉
    Bill look at what you just wrote,

looney + labor negotitations,

You see the connection?

He was into game theory too, now trying to make that fit humans is some looney doodoo right there. One game involved a number of participants sitting in a circle, each round some tokens were added to a pot, at any time a participant could grab the pot and take the money, cutting out the other players. Or they could choose to let the pot keep growing each round. Of course adjusting the 'rewards' and 'punishments' gave different results, you could shape the game to get the results you were looking for. And the other aspect, the tokens representing wealth came for where? Who earned it, who produced it, probably taxpayer dollars, anyway this 'free' wealth is just another distortion, no wonder the guy went nutso.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 12:331 edit
    A few years back I watched a fascinating movie called A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe. It was about the life of John Nash, a math wiz from Princeton. This guy was a looney at times, no doubt, and even spent time in a mental instutition, nevertheless, some of his mathemetical work produced formulas that have helped labor and trade negotiations, and have b ...[text shortened]... ld run a lot smoother. Now, this isn't going to happen of course, but it's a nice thought! 😉
    Economic planning?

You have no idea what economics in the US is all about, do you? It is about extortion and bribery. The US federal government has a printing press in the Fed that throws money to the rich, the middle class, and the poor, as well as internationally. Their goal? Their goal is to get everyone on the doll, so that they have power and influence over them. In the interim, they build a military that is required for world conquest.

The only way to go about this madness is through Keynesian voodoo economics. Just print money and hope that it will spurn enough of the economy to bring you more money. If not, who gives a damn, cause its all monopoly money anyway.

To use any other approach would be to undermine their power over us and the world. Do you really think they will take that approach? We are not talking about beautiful minds here Bill, we are talking about fascists inflating our wealth away while they are not taxing it away.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 12:52
    I have always though businessmen would be better than lawyers. Lawyers are trained to lie. You take a mathematician, he can instantly weigh all decisions by the rules of the constitution. They like rules and follow them.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 12:56
    That is so not a nice thought.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 13:00
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I have always though businessmen would be better than lawyers. Lawyers are trained to lie. You take a mathematician, he can instantly weigh all decisions by the rules of the constitution. They like rules and follow them.
    As with most people, the truth would destroy them, and it will someday. 😵
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 18:512 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Economic planning?

You have no idea what economics in the US is all about, do you? It is about extortion and bribery. The US federal government has a printing press in the Fed that throws money to the rich, the middle class, and the poor, as well as internationally. Their goal? Their goal is to get everyone on the doll, so that they have power and infl ...[text shortened]... Bill, we are talking about fascists inflating our wealth away while they are not taxing it away.
    I have no idea what economic planning is all about? Well, I have a BA degree in economics from the Univ. of Oregon, which means I know almost as much about the subject as you do! My little post was not meant to be taken seriously Mr. Whodey, Mr. Sleepyguy, and Mr. Joe Beyser, it was just a wimsical thought. Geezzz...a lot of hostility out there!😠😠😠
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 18:59
    I have no idea what economic planning is all about? Well, I have a BA degree in economics from the Univ. of Oregon, which means I know almost as much about the subject as you do! My little post was not meant to be taken seriously Mr. Whodey, it was just a wimsical thought. Geezzz...a lot of hostility out there!😠😠😠
    Hostility is something you generally create when you have a regime that attempts to micromanage our lives.

Obama and company are like that lady on the old sitcom "Bewitched" were you see the neighbor Mrs. Crabitz gazing out her windwow watching everything her neighbors do yelling "Abner, Abner!!", only, Obama has the power to do whatever he wills to us.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 20:24
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Bill look at what you just wrote,

looney + labor negotitations,

You see the connection?

He was into game theory too, now trying to make that fit humans is some looney doodoo right there. One game involved a number of participants sitting in a circle, each round some tokens were added to a pot, at any time a participant could grab the pot and take t ...[text shortened]... yer dollars, anyway this 'free' wealth is just another distortion, no wonder the guy went nutso.
    The government prints the dollars which is what the tokens represent.

Render unto Caesar.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 20:411 edit
    A few years back I watched a fascinating movie called A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe….
    Everyone sing along: "Making movies, making songs, 'n fight-in' round the world!"

YouTube
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 20:44
    Maybe nations need to do away with their present lawmakers, and let mathmeticians run our countries...
    Ooh, me likey that idea lots! 😉
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 21:37
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Everyone sing along: "Making movies, making songs, 'n fight-in' round the world!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-DblXaqQMk
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104204/the-russell-crowe-show
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 03:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104204/the-russell-crowe-show
    Ah, that just cracks me up every time! 😉
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 04:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 04:33
    I have no idea what economic planning is all about? Well, I have a BA degree in economics from the Univ. of Oregon, which means I know almost as much about the subject as you do! My little post was not meant to be taken seriously Mr. Whodey, Mr. Sleepyguy, and Mr. Joe Beyser, it was just a wimsical thought. Geezzz...a lot of hostility out there!😠😠😠
    Whodey doesn't know squat about economics. That does not mean that he isn't knowledgeable elsewhere.

"Almost"? Don't let the "Dunning-Kruger effect" get you down. There are likely very few people on here who know as much economics as you do. But they will pontificate nonetheless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree