1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:24
    I was on the forum for a few hours this morning reading threads and replying to some, and I glanced down at a stack of newspapers I have stored in this room. The uppermost page had a photo of a girl holding up a sign. This sign said:

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

So you understand how old this particular paper was. 🙂 While I was looking at it, a thought entered my head. Looking at the first line, I saw:

JE SUIS

Now I know this means "I AM" in French. Now, let's take out the letter "I", and crunch it up to get rid of the spaces:

JESUS

I find it amazing that the French words for "I AM" can be minimally manipulated to result in the name of JESUS. So I was struck by the idea that the name of JESUS (or GOD) could also be rendered "I AM", just like in the Book of Exodus.

Is this coincidence?? (I have maintained for some time now that there are no real "coincidences", that things happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:36
    To some who are dyslexic God might appear dog, does this have meaning?
    I think not.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I was on the forum for a few hours this morning reading threads and replying to some, and I glanced down at a stack of newspapers I have stored in this room. The uppermost page had a photo of a girl holding up a sign. This sign said:

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

So you understand how old this particular paper was. 🙂 While I was looking at it, a thought entere ...[text shortened]... gs happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    Will give it some thought as i walk the dog.

In the meantime though, recycle already.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    To some who are dyslexic God might appear dog, does this have meaning?
    I think not.
    It has meaning if they see a sign in a park that says, "Clean up after your dog", and thus devote their entire lives to caring for victims of natural disasters. 😵
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 12:56
    What say you?
    We've finally unraveled a mystery. Jesus' real last name was Charlie.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 13:03

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

So you understand how old this particular paper was. 🙂 While I was looking at it, a thought entere ...[text shortened]... gs happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    "A parting thought"

Are you off again?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 13:07
    (I have maintained for some time now that there are no real "coincidences", that things happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    That is essentially a claim that nothing random ever happens. If random things can happen then either real coincidences are very common or God is being very careful to stop them from happening.
    I just looked at my clock and it said 3:00 exactly? I would have said 'coincidence' but you say not. If the meaning is not apparent, will it become apparent at some point in the future, or is the reason possibly something we will never know? If it had said 3:04 (like my computer clock did when I looked at it) then what difference would it have made? Did God adjust my clock to make it say 3:00, or did he manipulate me into looking at it at just that time, or did he manipulate you into posting what you posted knowing that it would make me look at my clock?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 14:511 edit

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

"God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14) / "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.” (John 8:58)

Note: The declaratory sentence "I AM." emphatically states without a beginning in eternity past or an ending which defies human logic because we lack any meaningful or useful frame of reference. Nice change of pace for this online spirituality forum. Thanks,
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 19:38
    Is this coincidence?? (I have maintained for some time now that there are no real "coincidences", that things happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    I am wondering whether or not you are aware that the JE SUIS CHARLIE phrase is in response to a terrorist act carried out in the name of 'I AM'?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 20:321 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 21:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'd be interested in the word for "Jesus" and/or "Jesus Christ" in other languages with which you're fluent. Thanks,
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 22:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 22:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    I'd be interested in the word for "Jesus" and/or "Jesus Christ" in other languages with which you're fluent. Thanks,
    24 languages

YouTube

the languages are identified just above the comments section.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 22:101 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Same explanation applies to languages other than "European"?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 22:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    24 languages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO0GkNU5Bic

the languages are identified just above the comments section.
    Thanks, JS. I'll go there tomorrow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree