1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 04:44
    In seeking approval from Congress, President Obama has the opportunity for greater bipartisan support. This will also allow time to gather additional support from the international community (assuming there is any).

Like most people, I can see very little upside in attacking Syria. Hopefully this will allow members of Congress and the President to to make a decision based on the will of the majority.

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-top-republicans-praise-obama-syria-193829152--politics.html
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 04:48
    Originally posted by bill718
    In seeking approval from Congress, President Obama has the opportunity for greater bipartisan support. This will also allow time to gather additional support from the international community (assuming there is any).

Like most people, I can see very little upside in attacking Syria. Hopefully this will allow members of Congress and the President to to mak ...[text shortened]...

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-top-republicans-praise-obama-syria-193829152--politics.html
    assuming the majority chooses wisely.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 00:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    assuming the majority chooses wisely.
    Of course the President, and Congress don't have any obligation to poll the people democratically about anything, but to go to war, the President does have to ask Congress for a declaration of war, or now the modern variation of it sought by Jr. Bush twice.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 02:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Of course the President, and Congress don't have any obligation to poll the people democratically about anything, but to go to war, the President does have to ask Congress for a declaration of war, or now the modern variation of it sought by Jr. Bush twice.
    No, no, Kerry made it clear that he was not asking America to go to war. Instead, he is just asking to bomb it to hell and back. War will only exist in the minds of Syrians, Iranians, and Russians. Everyone else can plainly see that this is anything but a war, that is, in the minds of people like John Kerry.

When I Iran next? Place your bets mates.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 06:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, no, Kerry made it clear that he was not asking America to go to war. Instead, he is just asking to bomb it to hell and back. War will only exist in the minds of Syrians, Iranians, and Russians. Everyone else can plainly see that this is anything but a war, that is, in the minds of people like John Kerry.

When I Iran next? Place your bets mates.
    You ask for a lot of guesses without making your own.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 12:16
    Originally posted by JS357
    You ask for a lot of guesses without making your own.
    Right now they are in the process of picking a fight. This is a good start.
  7. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 03:17

Like most people, I can see very little upside in attacking Syria. Hopefully this will allow members of Congress and the President to to mak ...[text shortened]...

just like daddy bill in the 90's - even if congress says NO on syria he can still go in there anyway, and there wouldn't be any repercussions

i believe we're going in no matter what the public or congress says
    the UK is out? pish posh, the war profiteers smell blood money in those waters...
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:58

I think it is great when both the people on the left and people on the right work together to block Obama.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree