1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 02:16
    They overcame him because of the word of their testimony.

From "The Glorious Church" by Watchman Nee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

The Word of Their Testimony

The second thing is that the brothers overcame him "because of the word of their testimony." When our conscience is without offense, then our mouth can give testimony. When there is an accusation in our conscience, we can utter nothing. It seems that the more we speak, the lower our voice becomes. The meaning of testimony here is to testify to others, not to one's self. When you have the blood before God, you will have boldness before God, and you will have a testimony before man. Not only will you testify that sinners can be forgiven and man can be accepted because of Christ, but you will further testify of God's kingdom. "Testimony" means to tell others what there is in Christ, and the word of testimony is something which must be spoken forth. The overcomers must frequently proclaim the victory of Christ. Satan fears the most when this fact is repeated again and again. It is a fact that the kingdom of heaven will come; it is a fact that the Lord is King; it is a fact that Christ is victorious and forever victorious; it is a fact that Satan is defeated; it is a fact that the strong man has been bound and legally condemned; it is a fact that Christ has destroyed all the work of Satan on the cross. When we declare all of these facts, we have the testimony. When we proclaim that Christ is this and Christ is that, this is the testimony.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 02:17

It is the word of testimony that gives Satan the greatest fear. Satan does not fear when we try to reason with him, but he does fear when we proclaim the facts. Satan does not fear when we talk theology or when we expound the Scriptures, but he does fear when we declare the spiritual facts. "Jesus is Lord" is a spiritual fact. Many people speak about Jesus as the Lord and explain how Jesus is the Lord, but Satan is not afraid in the least. However, when someone declares in faith that Jesus is Lord, Satan fears. He does not fear our preaching or theology, but the word of our testimony.

It is a spiritual fact that the name of Jesus is above every other name. We must declare it in faith, not only to men, but also to Satan. We often speak for Satan to hear; we purposely speak for him to hear. We call this the word of testimony. Even when we are alone in our room we can proclaim aloud, "Jesus is Lord." We can say, "The Lord Jesus is stronger than the strong man," or, "The Son of God has already bound Satan," etc. This is the word of our testimony.

Christians must rely upon prayer in everything, but sometimes the word of our testimony is more effective than prayer. In Mark 11:23 the Lord Jesus said, "Whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says happens, he will have it." The Lord Jesus did not say that what a person prays will come to pass, but that what a person says will come to pass. The Chinese have a proverb which says, "A composition can come immediately from one's mouth." But Christians can say, "An accomplishment can come immediately from one's mouth." God created the heavens and the earth by one word of His mouth. The incident in Mark 11 shows us that we can speak to the mountain. Only if we speak in faith will something be accomplished. Many times the power of prayer is not as strong as the power of proclamation. Many times we must use the word of testimony to deal with Satan.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 02:22

We must know the facts in the Scriptures and believe them. We must be covered by the blood so that God may protect us from all the attacks of the enemy. Then we may speak to Satan. Satan fears when we speak the word of testimony to him. In our Christian experience, we sometimes feel so weak that we cannot even pray to God. At such a time we must remember the spiritual facts, the victorious facts. We must proclaim to Satan and his demons that the Lord Jesus is victorious and that Jesus is Lord. Such a proclamation is the testimony, and the testimony is the proclamation. What do we proclaim? We proclaim that Jesus is Lord, that the Lord is victorious, that Satan has been trodden under His feet. We further proclaim that the Lord has given us authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy. This is the word of testimony. The word of testimony causes Satan to lose his ground. When we give the word of testimony, we give Satan a blow. The work of the Lord has not only given us the blood to protect us, but also the word of testimony by which we can defeat Satan.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 03:45
    Mark 11 is a great lesson for us all. I have learned that we speak to our problem.
    In other words, Jesus didn't say speak to God about removing a mountain, he said speak to the mountain!
    In the same way, if I have pain in a part of my body, I do not ask God to heal it, I speak directly to the pain in faith.
    Most Christians fail to understand that God has already done his part in healing.
    Isa 53:5
    The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
    And by His stripes we are healed.
    NKJV

1 Peter 2:23-25
    He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness — by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
    NKJV

This is why I vehemently argue about this "works" doctrine. It is one of Satan's biggest lies that enslaves Christians.

Our sins are paid for, God has already healed us and supplies all our needs, why wouldn't we be rejoicing moment by moment?
    He has given us power over serpents, he has enabled us to be over comers.
    I say all this, but I have not yet reached the place where God wants me to be, but I have left!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 07:07
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Mark 11 is a great lesson for us all. I have learned that we speak to our problem.
    In other words, Jesus didn't say speak to God about removing a mountain, he said speak to the mountain!
    In the same way, if I have pain in a part of my body, I do not ask God to heal it, I speak directly to the pain in faith.
    Most Christians fail to understand that God ...[text shortened]...
    I say all this, but I have not yet reached the place where God wants me to be, but I have left!
    There is the time for commanding prayer or even commanding pronouncement. It is strengthened by two things.

1. Our living unto Christ

2. A sense of His purpose, His will, and His desire to accomplish His plan.

In other words these commands are empowered by a people aware that such "tools" are not to be indulged in for purely personal matters alone but for the building up of His church.

I think the "mountain" in the way is the obstacle to His move, His will to accomplish His plan in the earth.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 07:45
    Thank you for your comment checkbaiter.
    You know Daniel had his three companions.
    And these days we need two of three to co-encourage in the truth.

From The Glorious Church by Watchman Nee

We must know the facts in the Scriptures and believe them. We must be covered by the blood so that God may protect us from all the attacks of the enemy. Then we may speak to Satan. Satan fears when we speak the word of testimony to him. In our Christian experience, we sometimes feel so weak that we cannot even pray to God. At such a time we must remember the spiritual facts, the victorious facts. We must proclaim to Satan and his demons that the Lord Jesus is victorious and that Jesus is Lord. Such a proclamation is the testimony, and the testimony is the proclamation. What do we proclaim? We proclaim that Jesus is Lord, that the Lord is victorious, that Satan has been trodden under His feet. We further proclaim that the Lord has given us authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy. This is the word of testimony. The word of testimony causes Satan to lose his ground. When we give the word of testimony, we give Satan a blow. The work of the Lord has not only given us the blood to protect us, but also the word of testimony by which we can defeat Satan.
  7. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 11:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    Thank you for your comment checkbaiter.
    You know Daniel had his three companions.
    And these days we need two of three to co-encourage in the truth.

From [b]The Glorious Church
    by Watchman Nee

We must know the facts in the Scriptures and believe them. We must be covered by the blood so th ...[text shortened]... s the blood to protect us, but also the word of testimony by which we can defeat Satan.
    [/b]
    This is much better without RJhinds, persecuter of the brethren.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 12:07
    Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
    This is much better without RJhinds, persecuter of the brethren.
    Did you see Witness Lee's messages on preaching to Satan ?
    I was looking for them in the Life Study of Revelation.

I think it was an enlargement on overcoming by the word of our testimony.

Verse 7 says, “And there was war in heaven.” Immediately after the man-child is raptured to heaven, a war commences with Michael and his angels against Satan. This indicates that the man-child, the stronger part of God's people, is always engaged in fighting God's enemy, Satan. The overcomers have been fighting Satan continually, even unto death, and have defeated him on earth. But heaven is still waiting for them to arrive there that a war may be waged to cast Satan out of heaven.

The Lord has shown us the most effective way to defeat the enemy. What we need to do is to take the covenant, the word of God, and preach to Satan regarding what the Lord has accomplished for us. For example, whenever we were troubled by our temper in the past, we firstly confessed it, then asked the Lord for forgiveness, prayed to the Lord to help us, and finally made up our mind never to lose our temper again. I experienced this many times. But we should not do this anymore. When our temper is aroused, we should forget it and preach to Satan. Go to the source of the problem—Satan—and preach to him, saying, “Satan, you have been crucified on the cross.” The more you preach to Satan, the more you will be released.

When the man-child is delivered and is raptured to the throne, he will say, “Satan, you were defeated by me on earth. Are you still here hiding in the heavens? Now I have come here to preach to you! Don't you remember the messages I gave you on earth?” I am not joking about this. When we get there, this will be the situation. Then the man-child will say, “Satan, you should no longer be here! Get out!” As soon as this word is uttered by the man-child, Michael the archangel will lead all his angels to war against the dragon. After the executor gives the word, all the policemen will come to carry it out. God is waiting in the heavens for this executor. Who will be the executor? We, the man-child. Let us go there to preach to Satan. Before we can do this, however, we must first defeat him on earth. After defeating Satan on earth, we shall fight upward to heaven and eventually we shall fight downward to earth. Now as we confront Satan, we must give him many messages. Later, we shall go to the heavens, meet him there, and preach to him again. Then, after he has been cast down to earth to damage it, we shall descend and say to him, “Satan, are you still here? Let me give you another sermon. Now is the time for you to go to the abyss.” Then after the millennium there will be the fourth sermon given to Satan. At that time, Satan will instigate mankind to rebel against God. But we shall say, “Satan, listen to us. This is our last sermon. Now you must go to your destination—the lake of fire.”
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 12:102 edits
    On The Word of Thier Testimony - Preacing to Satan.

From Life Study of Revelation by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=0306AE46DB

If you would be qualified to participate in this, you must fight now. Do not be indifferent. I hope that after you read this message you will give a strong word to the enemy, saying, “Satan, you have deceived me for years. But by reading these messages, my eyes have been opened and I see that I must no longer be indifferent. Satan, you are not only God's enemy—you are also my enemy. From now on, I will be absolute for my Lord and I will never listen to you.” The longer you make your message, the better it will be. Also, it is better for us to do this preaching individually. If you preach to Satan like this, you will become another person and will probably soon be included in the stronger part of the woman. Begin now to be qualified, equipped, and perfected to be among those who will be raptured to heaven to execute judgment upon Satan. We must tell the enemy, “Satan, I will preach to you on earth today. Later, I will also give you a message in the heavens. After that, I will see you on earth and preach to you once more. Finally, I will give you one more message, and then you will be cast into the lake of fire.”

I say again that the rapture is not for our happiness; it is for God's purpose. Our God is waiting for the overcomers, the man-child, to go to heaven to execute His judgment upon the enemy. What a privilege it is to share in this! The angels are not positioned to share this privilege, but we are. Now we have the ground to say, “Praise the Lord that I am in the position to be an overcomer!”

We have seen that as soon as the man-child is raptured to heaven, the war begins. When I was young, I sought to understand why this war will start immediately after the man-child is raptured to the throne. I also wanted to know why the man-child did not actually fight but that the fighting was done by Michael and his angels. The reason is that the man-child is the executor, and the executor does not need to fight. Rather, he simply gives the word. After we, the executor, give the word, the angels who serve us will fight for us. The angels are our servants. When we say, “Satan, go away,” Michael will take the lead to fight against him. When the executor gives the word, all the policemen will carry it out. Are you willing to be in the stronger part of the woman? If you are, then you must learn to preach to Satan. Satan has constantly been troubling you, but after you decide to preach to him, he may run away, for he knows what you intend to do. Thus, you need to say, “Satan, don't go yet. You are not allowed to leave until I command you to do so. Stay here until I am through speaking to you.

The angels are ready to war against the dragon. Michael might even be saying, “Man-child, come up here and give us the word. We'll carry it out.” But if we would be qualified to be there in the heavens to execute judgment upon Satan, we must begin to execute the judgment upon him now on earth. Say, “Satan, I will not let you go. I will bind and defeat you.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree