2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 00:063 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    They just ignored his posts.
    I'm with ya.
    It's just propaganda (though they will claim it is scripture), either way I don't see much reasonable debate coming from sonship.

I have read a few lengthy posts from sonship/jaywill , but rarely does he engage other posters on "neutral ground" , (meeting each other halfway perhaps?)
    Instead it's his way or the highway.

So sonship, do you think you could change your posting style? I don't expect you to, but in my humble opinion your message would get through better if you engaged people with more relevant posts (relevant to the debate), rather than harping on and on in lengthy posts which I'm sure not many read. ( I prefer reading the replies, though not many respond )
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 06:01
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    They just ignored his posts.
    Please do.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 06:101 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm with ya.
    It's just propaganda (though they will claim it is scripture), either way I don't see much reasonable debate coming from sonship.

I have read a few lengthy posts from sonship/jaywill , but rarely does he engage other posters on "neutral ground" , (meeting each other halfway perhaps?)

So sonshi ...[text shortened]... hy posts which I'm sure not many read. ( I prefer reading the replies, though not many respond )
    More relevant to who ?

More relevant to just you ?
    The means by which the spiritual warfare may be waged is relevant to some of us.

I have done some posts relevant to those who have not taken a first step towards Christ. And I have done some posts relevant to those who have been Christians for a long time and are still seeking to live Christ.

These three matters were entirely relevant to the latter.

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony. And they loved not their soul-life even unto death," (Rev. 12:11)

Maybe someday this will be considered relevant to yourself. You never know.

In the meantime many of us who have received Christ see here the key to fulfilling the very meaning of our creation and existence. God created us to have His image and exercise His dominion. So overcoming the enemy of our very mandate in creation is relevant and even crucial.

Do you know why you are on the earth ?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Sep '14 21:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    More relevant to who ?

More relevant to just you ?
    The means by which the spiritual warfare may be waged is relevant to some of us.

I have done some posts relevant to those who have not taken a first step towards Christ. And I have done some posts relevant to those who have been Christians for a long time and are still seeking to live Christ.

...[text shortened]... ry mandate in creation is relevant and even crucial.

Do you know why you are on the earth ?
    I'm on this earth to bring more light into this region of the universe via a heap of partying.

So why are you on the Earth? To cutter up spirituality forums?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '14 21:162 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm with ya.

So sonshi ...[text shortened]... hy posts which I'm sure not many read. ( I prefer reading the replies, though not many respond )
    Rather interestingly Jesus himself would engage with people through viewpoint questions and in many instances leave them to draw their own conclusions, Sonships way of teaching is not according to the method and manner of the Christ for there is a world of difference between preaching and teaching.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 03:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Rather interestingly Jesus himself would engage with people through viewpoint questions and in many instances leave them to draw their own conclusions, Sonships way of teaching is not according to the method and manner of the Christ for there is a world of difference between preaching and teaching.
    Sonship teaches religious beliefs pretty much the way you do. He just uses the publications of Witness Lee and Watchmen Nee of the Local Church cult instead of the Watchtower Society publications of the Jehovah's Witness cult.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 03:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Sonship teaches religious beliefs pretty much the way you do. He just uses the publications of Witness Lee and Watchmen Nee of the Local Church cult instead of the Watchtower Society publications of the Jehovah's Witness cult.
    What's wrong with Nee's writings?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 04:363 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I really don't know much about Watchman Nee's writings because I have never read anything he wrote. However, I have heard that he also believes in a pre tribulation rapture, but one that is only partial. That is, faithful Christians will be raptured and unfaithful Christians will be left behind to endure the hardship and suffering of the Tribulation period along with unbelievers. Witness Lee was taught by Watchman Nee, so some of his false teachings other that this one could also have come from Watchman Nee.

Perhaps sonship could give you better information on how their rapture theories agreed or disagreed.

I remember another thing. They both taught that there should only be one church per city. Thus the term "Local Church" was given that meaning. This seems rather impractical to me during these days of large cities.
  10. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 12:402 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I really don't know much about Watchman Nee's writings because I have never read anything he wrote. However, I have heard that he also believes in a pre tribulation rapture, but one that is only partial. That is, faithful Christians will be raptured and unfaithful Christians will be left behind to endure the hardship and suffering of the Tribulation period ...[text shortened]... " was given that meaning. This seems rather impractical to me during these days of large cities.
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unberean mind! I see a lot of errors!
    tsk tsk tsk. Keep persecuting your fellow brothers RJhinds. Beating a fellow slave.

Have you not read my post about our attitude toward Christians in the denominations?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He supports two major false doctrines:
    1. Once Saved Always Saved .. not even God can revoke it.
    2. Sin [even the most depraved/grevious/blasphemous sins] will only cause you to lose your reward, but you will still get eternal life.

Those two doctrines are contrary to these clear Bible teachings

1. ... if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38 KJV)

2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Pet 2:20-21)

3. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)

4. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, (Hebrews 10:26 KJV)

5. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

Only a strong Christian can walk away from the established church of mans doctrine and stand with the doctrine of Christ and the Apostles.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 13:432 edits
    Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unberean mind! I see a lot of errors!
    tsk tsk tsk. Keep persecuting your fellow brothers RJhinds. Beating a fellow slave.

Have you not read my post about our attitude toward Christians in the denominations?
    Was it that denominations are evil?

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

(Matthew 18:8 NIV)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 14:374 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I really don't know much about Watchman Nee's writings because I have never read anything he wrote.

Welcome to the Internet, where people spout off knowledge about things they have no idea about.

However, I have heard that he also believes in a pre tribulation rapture, but one that is only partial. That is, faithful Christians will be raptured and unfaithful Christians will be left behind to endure the hardship and suffering of the Tribulation period along with unbelievers.

It is usually assumed that the entire church must be raptured at the SAME TIME. The Bible, however, does not allow this assumption to be confidently made.

"Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth to try them who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)

Since the promise to be kept out of the hour of trial is DEPENDENT upon the believer's keeping the word of His endurance, it logically follows that some Christians will qualify and some will not.

At LEAST it indicates that the TIMING of such qualifying will not be all at the same time.

Furthermore, the hour of trial which is to come upon "the WHOLE inhabited earth" to TRY those who dwell on "the WHOLE inhabited earth," make it extremely hard to imagine Jesus is not speaking of the unique "great tribulation." .

Different Times for rapture of the whole Body of Christians on the earth is therefore quite evident. That is at least ONE before the great tribulation and ANOTHER after the great tribulation.

The vision of Firstfruits and Harvest in Revelation 14 signal that we are on the right track to understand a selected minority will taken OUT of the hour of world wide tribulation and some others remaining to be taken at its end.

That is all the time I will take this morning.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 15:482 edits
    Furthermore, the hour of trial which is to come upon "the WHOLE inhabited earth" to TRY those who dwell on "the WHOLE inhabited earth," make it extremely hard to imagine Jesus is not speaking of the unique "great tribulation."
    The hour of trial which is to come upon "the WHOLE inhabited earth" refers not to the great tribulation, but to the Judgment trial of the wrath of God and the lamb that comes after the great tribulation (Revelation 8).

Jesus reveals in the vision to John that the church will have tribulation 10 days symbolizing the great tribulation which is much longer than an hour trial of the judgment wrath of God and the Lamb.
    And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities...
    “The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’

(Revelation 18:4-5, 9-10 NKJV)

As I explained before in more detail, the firstfuits are the more mature believers that God uses for His purpose on earth. The rapture takes place at the end of the harvest.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 16:55
    I really don't know much about Watchman Nee's writings because I have never read anything he wrote.

Welcome to the Internet, where people spout off knowledge about things they have no idea about.
    [quote]
    However, I have heard that he also believes in a pre tribulation rapture, but one that is only partial. That is, faithful Christi ...[text shortened]... ome others remaining to be taken at its end.

That is all the time I will take this morning.
    'Originally posted by who ??!!.

You cannot even be trusted to 'reply and quote' properly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree