1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 16:48
    Or Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers) or Scotch Bonnets ?
    I have all three coming up in my garden and I'm wondering how long the peppers take to mature after they reach full size, I've got peppers that are huge and have been that way for almost a month but they are still green.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 17:581 edit
    the Carolina Reaper, now that's some hot stuff
    can't wait to bite into one

edit: unless the snot flows from my nose, it's not hot enough
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 18:56
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    the Carolina Reaper, now that's some hot stuff
    can't wait to bite into one

edit: unless the snot flows from my nose, it's not hot enough
    At 2.2 million SHU I suspect it'd be the last time you did anything. Man, Habaneros will pop the top of your skull.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 13:591 edit
    What, Seitse isn't gonna weigh in on this?
    My Habanero's are now oranging up nicely and are in the upper end of the Bell Curve for Habs in terms of heat, real scorchers.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 15:22
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Or Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers) or Scotch Bonnets ?
    I have all three coming up in my garden and I'm wondering how long the peppers take to mature after they reach full size, I've got peppers that are huge and have been that way for almost a month but they are still green.
    If your Scots Bonnets are huge, you're growing them wrong. They're supposed to be small and wrinkly - all the heat of a big pepper packed into a small one.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 18:532 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If your Scots Bonnets are huge, you're growing them wrong. They're supposed to be small and wrinkly - all the heat of a big pepper packed into a small one.
    Huge was the wrong term I guess, I meant huge compared to my previous attempts at growing Habaneros. They look the same size as all the pictures I've seen of Scotch Bonnets, which is a pretty good sized pepper.
    My first season of Habaneros were tiny, after wintering the plant inside , it took off and has large peppers almost as big as my thumb.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree