1. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    12 Dec '14 21:50
    So I have an interview via skype for a very lucrative teaching position at Texas A&M at the Doha, Qatar campus. The compensation for this position is the best i've seen in quite some time and my wife is even on board.

My question is what is Qatar like? More specifically what is Education City located in the capital Doha like? Good schools for my kids good work force for my wife? I know Education City is made up of mostly women and non-Qatari citizens.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Beau
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '14 21:53
    Originally posted by beauroberts
    So I have an interview via skype for a very lucrative teaching position at Texas A&M at the Doha, Qatar campus. The compensation for this position is the best i've seen in quite some time and my wife is even on board.

My question is what is Qatar like? More specifically what is Education City located in the capital Doha like? Good schools for my kids ...[text shortened]... is made up of mostly women and non-Qatari citizens.

Beau
    If you don't already own a camel no problem, you can rent or lease one.
    Are you in the carpet making business or carpet sales or oil?? Those are the major industries besides terrorism. 😞
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '14 23:05
    My cousin landed a teaching job out there as well. From what I've heard he seems to like it ok, can't tell you anything else unfortunately as I haven't spoken to him about it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '14 23:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 00:581 edit
    Well, they fund ISIS. Also, they mistreat women.

Therefore, regardless of being the land of hairy, smelly
    people and having a crap society, the issue is: do you
    want to be part of a dictatorial, terrorist, oppressive
    local elite's shady attempt at normalcy?

Forget about the town. It is a moral issue. Their shadily
    earned money payrolls terrorists and enemies of the
    Western way of life.

P.S. If you go, be sure toPM me your address. I will
    forward it to some friends in Mossad.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 02:17

My question is what is Qatar like? More specifically what is Education City located in the capital Doha like? Good schools for my kids ...[text shortened]... is made up of mostly women and non-Qatari citizens.

Beau
    ain't never been there...
    but, i can do this,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=life+in+education+city+doha+qatar&t=ffsb

http://www.qatar.tamu.edu/
  7. Standard memberMammy Blueonline
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 04:41
    Originally posted by rookie54
    ain't never been there...
    but, i can do this,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=life+in+education+city+doha+qatar&t=ffsb

http://www.qatar.tamu.edu/
    and I can add this... http://www.wscdoha2014.com/
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 09:35
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    If you don't already own a camel no problem, you can rent or lease one.
    Are you in the carpet making business or carpet sales or oil?? Those are the major industries besides terrorism. 😞
    Jesus christ, still an idiotic racist, I see.
  9. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 11:11
    Not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslim. Also, the majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East and because Islam is a Religion, it is impossible to tell what a Muslim does and does not look like.

Likewise Islam and Christianity are both Abrahamic Religions, and thus share a very similiar core value structure both of which condone terrorism.

Now with that said, Has anyone actually been to Doha, Qatar particularly Education City? Or does anyone have a loved one who has been there that can speak to the quality of life and happenings?

Again, This position is extremly luctrative and provided it is offered to me it will be very difficult to say no, so i am looking for some honest feedback.

Thanks,

Beau
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 11:19
    Not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslim. Also, the majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East and because Islam is a Religion, it is impossible to tell what a Muslim does and does not look like.

Likewise Islam and Christianity are both Abrahamic Religions, and thus share a very similiar core value structure both of wh ...[text shortened]... will be very difficult to say no, so i am looking for some honest feedback.

Thanks,

Beau
    I know one person who was there for one year. It is all well as long as you stay in the "western" quarter. If you want to go into the city proper be aware of their values and traditions.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 16:12
    Use google, douchebag.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/qatar-and-isis-funding-the-u.s.-approach
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 18:30
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Jesus christ, still an idiotic racist, I see.
    That's rich coming from a white South African. 😕
  13. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 19:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Use google, douchebag.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/qatar-and-isis-funding-the-u.s.-approach
    Why do you feel the need to insult me. I've been nothing but pleasant to you and everyone else. Google can provide information certainly, but it cannot provide first hand accounts.

Beau
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 19:591 edit
    I've been nothing but pleasant to you
    I still haven't received my bouquet of roses.

Make amends. Pronto.
  15. rebel city
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 20:123 edits
    I know Doha well, my son lives there. Have not yet been but we have lived in Saudi Arabia years ago. I am not particularly happy with the M.East although I love the craft and the music. All I want in this world is my son to get out of there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree