1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 00:331 edit
    http://wp.foodbeast.com/2015/08/26/mcwhopper/

Burger King has reached out to McDonald’s with an olive branch they’re calling the McWhopper.

The one-day ceasefire between the two burger giants will hopefully take place on Sept. 21, also known as Peace Day. Meant to draw as much attention as possible to Peace Day, Burger King took the initiative and reached out to its burger brother to set an example for the rest of the world.

Sales from the proposed event will go to the nonprofit group Peace One Day.
    Burger King has drawn up a concept for the McWhopper, an amalgam of the two restaurants’ most popular burgers (the Big Mac and the Whopper) to serve to patrons of the two chains. The hybrid burger will be the featured menu item at the proposed pop-up that will take place in Atlanta, Georgia.

While Burger King hasn’t always been the largest burger purveyor in the world, the chain has recently seen record sales numbers. McDonald’s, however, has been met with poor sales numbers through the last year and has gone through multiple changes and restructuring to try and change that.

McDonald’s has yet to reply, but if recent sales history has any influence, they may want to give it a shot. Good publicity can’t hurt, right?

The pop-up will be around for one day only, featuring customized uniforms and food packaging.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 10:30
    Originally posted by vivify

Burger King has reached out to McDonald’s with an olive branch they’re calling the McWhopper.

The one-day ceasefire between the two burger giants will hopefully take place on Sept. 21, also known as Peace Day. Meant to draw as much attention as possible to Peace Day, Burger King took the initiative and reach ...[text shortened]...

The pop-up will be around for one day only, featuring customized uniforms and food packaging.
    An international potty training day would produce all we need to know about McWhoppers.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 10:33

The one-day ceasefire between the two burger giants will hopefully take place on Sept. 21, also known as Peace Day. Meant to draw as much attention as possible to Peace Day, Burger King took the initiative and reach ...[text shortened]...

But McDonald's might have to give up their unique receipe for food poisoning.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 11:451 edit

Mmm, I am not sure McWhopper is right. I suggest using the elements of Mac and Whopper the other way round, perhaps under the slogan:

'This is Whac.'
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 18:31

From the time that Burger King first opened, I have liked the Whopper. I never cared for MacDonald's burgers, although I've eaten a few over time with no ill effects.

I'm almost certain, I'll try the McWhopper on Sept 21.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 19:40
    Originally posted by normbenign
    From the time that Burger King first opened, I have liked the Whopper. I never cared for MacDonald's burgers, although I've eaten a few over time with no ill effects.

I'm almost certain, I'll try the McWhopper on Sept 21.
    I'll try it too. Maybe mix some Coca-Cola and Pepsi together to wash it down.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree