1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 23:30
    Does anyone know what is the best lotion or liquid to put on sun burn? I don't know if Banana Boat is best or some other kind. I guess, I need healing; and also I want moisturizing. Has anyone had good success with any particular name brand from Harris Teeter grocery store?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Jul '14 00:07
    The Wikipedia article says aloe vera. It also suggests paracetamol (=acetaminophen) and several other standard pain killers (NSAIDs are logical) if it's causing pain.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '14 01:10
    DeepThought
    Thanks for the information. I can try the acetaminophen. I guess the Banana Boat and the other one at HT Grocery has aloe.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 22:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Does anyone know what is the best lotion or liquid to put on sun burn? I don't know if Banana Boat is best or some other kind. I guess, I need healing; and also I want moisturizing. Has anyone had good success with any particular name brand from Harris Teeter grocery store?
    Aloe gel applied to the burned area, then eat lots of vitamin e (good for regenerating skin).
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 04:09
    Moonbus,
    Thanks for replying. I am using Banaba Boat lotion. I guess it has Aloe and Vitamin E. Also, I am using Neosporin for some blister areas.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 16:54
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Moonbus,
    Thanks for replying. I am using Banaba Boat lotion. I guess it has Aloe and Vitamin E. Also, I am using Neosporin for some blister areas.
    I know it's like closing the door after the pony has bolted, but apply sun screen first next time, ok? The long-term consequences of sunburn are much worse than the pain you are in now. I know; when I was kid growing up in sunny California, no one knew about the dangers of sunning & skin cancer (that was in the 1960s). Now I'm having 'tags' cut off my face every six months. Just call me "scarface."
  7. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:18
    Also, Vitamin C helps greatly to reduce the inflammation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree