1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 16:53
    10 minutes

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=85131735136

Even gives out scriptures that even Jesus says in was 6 literal days.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    10 minutes

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=85131735136

Even gives out scriptures that even Jesus says in was 6 literal days.
    Calvin? As in John Calvin the murderer of innocent Michael Servetus?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No dummy! He's talking about Calvin the pant maker! 😉

How do you know Servetus was innocent?

By the way, from the way I hear it, Jesus was innocent and died because we are guilty of nailing Him to the cross!

Oh, that's right, you don't believe they used nails. Or do you? Or was that a post, or something like that? 🙄
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

By the way, from the way I hear it, Jesus was innocent and died because we are guilty of nailing Him to the cross!

Oh, that's right, you don't believe they used nails. Or do you? Or was that a post, or something like that? 🙄
    Innocent of what Joseph? you don't seem to even know the crime and here you are pontificating to others about what they allegedly don't know.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:45
    No Calvin and Hobbes 😛
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:49
    Innocent of what Joseph? you don't seem to even know the crime and here you are pontificating to others about what they allegedly don't know.
    Who are you saying "innocent of what" about? Jesus or Servetus?

BTW robbie, I ain't a Calvinist.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:56
    Who are you saying "innocent of what" about? Jesus or Servetus?

BTW robbie, I ain't a Calvinist.
    I don't mention Jesus, can you point out where I mention Jesus? no? then what are you talking about?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 21:284 edits

This "Calvin the villian" thing, I heard, is all about some heretic teacher being executed (or at least one with whom John Calvin disagreed) and Calvin arguing that he should not be killed in one manner but in some other seemingly more merciful manner.

It appears to me at first glance, as some involvement in an execution by omission, as if he could have maybe stopped it or could have lessened the penalty. It seems more of a matter of Calvin stepping aside and not mercifully intervening.

Robbie sure loves the matter.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    This "Calvin the villian" thing, I heard, is all about some heretic teacher being executed (or at least one with whom John Calvin disagreed) and Calvin arguing that he should not be killed in one manner but in some other seemingly more merciful manner.

It appears to me at first glance, as some involvement in an execution by omission, as if he could hav ...[text shortened]... tter of Calvin stepping aside and not mercifully intervening.

Robbie sure loves the matter.
    Its not about some heretic teachers execution, its about Calvin the murderer burning a man to death for printing a tract that he disagreed with. The mans name was Micheal Servetus and the tract was the errors of the trinity. Far from Jaywills dishonest attempt to distance Calvin the murderer from his crime, the facts detail that Calvin noy only sought the death sentence but stated that even pre trial he was judge and executioner of Micheal Servetus.

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/michael-servetus.htm

Perhaps you would like to demonstrate from scripture where Calvin has the authority to burn a man to death. If you cannot that makes him a murderer.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 22:582 edits
    Evangelicaloutreach.org
    Dan corner is a heretic. I read his whole book of conditional security.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 23:013 edits
    Its not about some heretic teachers execution, its about Calvin the murderer burning a man to death for printing a tract that he disagreed with. The mans name was Micheal Servetus and the tract was the errors of the trinity. Far from Jaywills dishonest attempt to distance Calvin the murderer from his crime, the facts detail that Calvin noy only sou ...[text shortened]... where Calvin has the authority to burn a man to death. If you cannot that makes him a murderer.
    I don't know much about it. The name Servetus is the name of the man I had in mind.

I will educate myself on the matter as I am not intentionally misrepresenting anything as far as I know.

But if Calvin committed a crime or a sin than Calvin committed a crime or a sin. Since I don't worship Calvin as a sinless man I don't know why you think I must vindicate him as innocent if he was not.

Abraham sinned.
    Issac sinned.
    Jacob sinned.
    David sinned.
    Even Robbie Carrobie committed sins.

If he truly murdered (as David did) then that's between him and God.

If I do not vindicate John Calvin's innocence in that affair, it means WHAT ??
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 00:032 edits
    Robbie do you consider this a fair review of what happened ?

Dr. Karin Maag on Bolsec and Servetus.

YouTube

For backup, another talk on Servetus -

YouTube
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Robbie do you consider this a fair review of what happened ?

Dr. Karin Maag on Bolsec and Servetus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7Zcrj6CfI

For backup, another talk on Servetus -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKXD7HblG0
    Sounds good to me she'd have more knowledge than Robbie of the situation.

At the end of the second video of the woman talking you could say the same thing about the Crusades.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 01:38
    Its not about some heretic teachers execution, its about Calvin the murderer burning a man to death for printing a tract that he disagreed with. The mans name was Micheal Servetus and the tract was the errors of the trinity. Far from Jaywills dishonest attempt to distance Calvin the murderer from his crime, the facts detail that Calvin noy only sou ...[text shortened]... where Calvin has the authority to burn a man to death. If you cannot that makes him a murderer.
    From what I read about Servetus, Calvin tried to give him a faster death by beheading, not the torture of burning alive but was turned down. He still wanted him dead for daring to go against religious dogma.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 01:51
    John Calvin - French: Jean Calvin; born Jehan Cauvin: 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Calvin

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree