1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 13:17
    http://phys.org/news/2015-04-team-camera-powers.html

It can record scenes forever with no batteries needed, except there needs to be light of some kind. As clever as this device is, it won't work in too dark a room.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 13:25
    An interesting concept, although I would think a separate solar panel would almost certainly be a better solution for real world applications.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 13:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    An interesting concept, although I would think a separate solar panel would almost certainly be a better solution for real world applications.
    Well, you would need more real estate for the solar stuff. At least you point and shoot and power at the same time.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 14:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, you would need more real estate for the solar stuff. At least you point and shoot and power at the same time.
    More real estate means more power available. Just looking at the camera in the article, putting a solar panel on the front surface around the lens would give you 10 times the surface area for light to use to generate power.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree