1. e4
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 10:48
    Carlsen - Anand Game 8

2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 10:50
    Can't blame Carlsen for going straight for a draw. Anand seems content to hand over his title without a fight. Oh well, hopefully the next World Championship match will be better.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 10:501 edit
    "If you found today's game exciting, please restart on your mediation."
    Lawrence Trent

lolz

"He played the Berlin, I played the most solid defense, yada yada let's go to the doping control."
    Swagnus Carlson

Priceless
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 15:12
    Originally posted by SMesq
    "If you found today's game exciting, please restart on your mediation."
    Lawrence Trent
    'medication' lolz

now, where'd I put that prescription....
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 20:56
    whats Anand doing? why didn't he play a fighting defence like the Sicilian, you play 1...e5 when you don't want to lose not when you need to win. This is also the reason why short matches are mince, Carlsen simply can play safe for the remaining four games.
  6. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 21:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    whats Anand doing? why didn't he play a fighting defence like the Sicilian, you play 1...e5 when you don't want to lose not when you need to win. This is also the reason why short matches are mince, Carlsen simply can play safe for the remaining four games.
    This is true of virtually every sport where the combatants are evenly matched. Get your nose in front and wait for your opponent to start running out of time and taking risks.
  7. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 21:27
    Even if he sounded a bit sarcastic, Anand did say that he felt it was his responsibility to make things more interesting in the remaining games. I still hope he can win one and start up the excitement again.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    This is true of virtually every sport where the combatants are evenly matched. Get your nose in front and wait for your opponent to start running out of time and taking risks.
    It would not be the case if it was first to three wins, or first to five wins, draws not counting as Fischer (peace be upon him) tried to implement. 😀
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 21:59
    Originally posted by Exuma
    Even if he sounded a bit sarcastic, Anand did say that he felt it was his responsibility to make things more interesting in the remaining games. I still hope he can win one and start up the excitement again.
    I used to like Anand but his attitude at the press conferences has disturbed me, ok, the reporters ask some moronic questions, but a little humanity wouldn't hurt him.
  10. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 00:36
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Can't blame Carlsen for going straight for a draw. Anand seems content to hand over his title without a fight. Oh well, hopefully the next World Championship match will be better.

I'm not surprised Anand is going into the tank here. I saw him do the same thing against Kasparov in 1995. I haven't seen a dive like that since Brody jumped off the bridge!
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 02:03
    I used to like Anand but his attitude at the press conferences has disturbed me, ok, the reporters ask some moronic questions, but a little humanity wouldn't hurt him.
    I was hoping that he could bring some of that to the board, but so far 😞
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 08:541 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I was hoping that he could bring some of that to the board, but so far 😞
    I know, Carlsen has made Vishy look quite ordinary, really. Here is a rather brilliant graphic depiction of the games so far,

http://ajedrezconhumor.blogspot.com.es/
  13. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 11:27
    If you ever have trouble sleeping just play through this game you'll be snoozing instantly.
  14. Joined
    25 Oct '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 13:27
    Interesting game http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1716818&kpage=2#kibitzing where Carlsen pushed Vishy till the end in Canal attack. And, here Vishy lost in Canal attack http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1664762
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 14:21
    Those games might explain why Anand has stuck to 1. ... e5 in this match. Carlsen seemed to have the edge in the one where Anand risked a Sicilian against him and I suspect Carlsen will have looked at that game since then and worked out how he could have improved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree