1. Joined
    22 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 03:02
    My completed move indicator disappeared . Does anybody know where the setting to get it back is. Also the last couple of weeks it's been unreliable. It wouldn't indicate that a move was made, when in fact it had and I'd be sitting there like a dummy.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 04:46
    do what?
  3. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 06:59
    Originally posted by donlee9
    My completed move indicator disappeared . Does anybody know where the setting to get it back is. Also the last couple of weeks it's been unreliable. It wouldn't indicate that a move was made, when in fact it had and I'd be sitting there like a dummy.
    my rating went down by 20 when I lost to 40 below and won to 50 above ??????????? I want my money back
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 08:02
    Originally posted by gareth cobb
    my rating went down by 20 when I lost to 40 below and won to 50 above ??????????? I want my money back
    Both of those transactions should have changed your rating by 18 points, so the net effect should have been nil. Of course ratings change quickly by small amounts, but these should only be a rating point or two.

The usual reason for these aberrations is that around the same time another game has finished which you haven't taken into consideration. Whenever I've gone digging in my own games I've always found the reason. You'll have to do your own digging, as not all the information is available to onlookers.

This sort of thing is usually posted in the Help Forum. General Forum is likely to attract jokey comments rather than anything useful.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 08:03
    Originally posted by donlee9
    What's a completed move indicator?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 13:48
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I don't know but maybe Leonard McCoy can tell us.
  7. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:20
    Both of those transactions should have changed your rating by 18 points, so the net effect should have been nil. Of course ratings change quickly by small amounts, but these should only be a rating point or two.

The usual reason for these aberrations is that around the same time another game has finished which you haven't taken into consideration. Whenev ...[text shortened]... the Help Forum. General Forum is likely to attract jokey comments rather than anything useful.
    aghhh who plays unrated games anyway? Do they still make those dolls?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:35
    "It is now your opponents turn"
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 22:31
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I don't know but maybe Leonard McCoy can tell us.
    "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a chess player!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree