1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:06
    Years ago Garry Kasparov lost a hotly contested match with the deep blue chess program. Does anyone know how a chess program such as deep blue would do against a very strong correspondence player? With an average of 3 days to study each move, the quality of play would no doubt improve. I've been out of the chess scene for a few years, but was wondering if such a match has recently taken place.
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:09
    Originally posted by bill718
    Years ago Garry Kasparov lost a hotly contested match with the deep blue chess program. Does anyone know how a chess program such as deep blue would do against a very strong correspondence player? With an average of 3 days to study each move, the quality of play would no doubt improve. I've been out of the chess scene for a few years, but was wondering if such a match has recently taken place.
    I think the humans chance of securing a draw would increase, but if you give a computer three days to analyse every move i can't see anyone beating it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree