1. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 May '15 12:32
    I took a look at this feature and I'm sorry to say that having read the instructions, a fog has descended. Clear as mud.
    Can anyone please explain, in words of few syllables (for I'm not a bright lad), how this feature works?
    And will it make me a better player? 😕
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    26 May '15 13:182 edits
    Originally posted by Larkie
    I took a look at this feature and I'm sorry to say that having read the instructions, a fog has descended. Clear as mud.
    Can anyone please explain, in words of few syllables (for I'm not a bright lad), how this feature works?
    And will it make me a better player? 😕
    The are a few levels on this feature. At its simplest it allows you to programme your response to an apparently obvious or forced move.

Bring up the waiting game. You then press conditional move. On the board that shows make your opponent's expected move and then make your intended move and press the submit conditional button. If your opponent then makes the expected move RHP will send your response automatically. Prior to that the move will be shown in your saved conditional list and can be deleted prior to activation if you have second thoughts. Deep mode allows you to feed in positions along a possible line in a similar fashion. This is useful if you have a forced mate as RHP makes all your winning moves while you are sunning yourself on a beach somewhere. This is great against foot-draggers whose delaying tactics have no psychological effect, or if you are short of time and the opponent typically moves when you are offline.

An example from a recent game.

If Black takes the knight on e6 there is a forced mate with Qh6+ Kg8 followed by Qh8 mate. Bring up the the conditional board and play Qxe6. Then play Qh6 and press submit conditional.

3. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '15 00:50
    Thanks for your time and effort clearing this up Ragwort. Now crystal - clear. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree