1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 16:38
    If Moses, Elijah and Samson, using all the powers each one used in the bible, fought against Storm, Jean Grey (not Phoenix ) and Beast (the later 3 are X-men), who would win? 

And what if each character fought individual battles respectively (Samson vs Beast, etc.)?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 18:26
    Originally posted by vivify
    If Moses, Elijah and Samson, using all the powers each one used in the bible, fought against Storm, Jean Grey (not Phoenix ) and Beast (the later 3 are X-men), who would win? 

And what if each character fought individual battles respectively (Samson vs Beast, etc.)?
    That's a tough question because Moses, Elijah and Samson are note real.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 18:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That's a tough question because Moses, Elijah and Samson are not real.
    Also... I don't think Moses had any powers, it was all gods work...

So unless god shows up to the fight I think they are just 3 fictional
    uneducated humans vs some bad-ass mutants...

No contest.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 20:033 edits
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 20:05
    ha ha ha.
    Ummm, which one of you is Costello ?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge

No contest.
    If we included Jean in her phoenix form then even "God" would get his arse handed to him (that is, she'll hand him his arse only if she decides not to obliterate it first, and he asks nicely)
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 20:42
    Originally posted by sonship
    ha ha ha.
    Ummm, which one of you is Costello ?
    Ahbut you will never find out🙂
  8. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 21:451 edit
    I'd put any good looking hairdresser up agaisnt Samson any day!
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 22:07
    I'd put Goa'uld from Stargate up against Moses any day as they must be seriously pissed off with the way he treated their hosts, the pharaohs.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 22:41
    How about a top performing hedge fund manager against Elijah to counter his prophecy skills?
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 23:34
    My pet theory is that Moses is in fact a garbled version of Rameses the Great. Rameses never personally entered Canaan although his army did, ditto Moses, and they both lived to be 90 which was an extreme age at the time. Rameses = born of Ra. Moses just means born, so if you drop the reference to Ra then they have the same name. After a millennium of unwritten transmission of the myth it is quite easy for that transformation to take place. So I wouldn't rule out Moses as a real person, or rather I wouldn't rule out a real person being the basis for the biblical Moses. The same goes for Elijah and Sampson.

With Sampson it could also be a folk memory of a defeat with Sampson being the personification of the entire Hebrew army. The story about Delilah cutting his hair referring so some weakening of the army which led them to a defeat. The destruction of the Philistine building referring to a Phyrric victory.

Obviously I could have this all wrong, but ancient myths are like that - highly symbolic with the players not necessarily referring to a single person.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 23:55
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    My pet theory is that Moses is in fact a garbled version of Rameses the Great. Rameses never personally entered Canaan although his army did, ditto Moses, and they both lived to be 90 which was an extreme age at the time. Rameses = born of Ra. Moses just means born, so if you drop the reference to Ra then they have the same name. After a millennium o ...[text shortened]... s are like that - highly symbolic with the players not necessarily referring to a single person.
    Yeah, but when you are still clinging on to the idea that they were ever 'real'
    by saying that they were a metaphor for the defeat of an army...
    You have already passed the point where you can reasonably claim that they
    are not fictional.

When someone asks if Robin Hood really existed, they are not really asking if
    there were a bunch of different people who's actions were mixed together with
    a bunch of myth, and then distorted by a centuries long game of Chinese whispers.
    What they want to know is if there was A GUY called Robin Hood who's
    actions formed the basis of the legends we have today.

If it's the former, then the answer is no and that person is a fiction, even if
    bits of the stories have some basis' in reality.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 00:221 edit

No contest.
    Moses was the one making the actual commands (raising his staff to part the waters, etc). I paired him up against Storm, because they both have weather-altering kind of powers. Beast vs. Samson is obvious, and Elijah vs. Jean Grey because Elijah called down some kind of fireball from heaven and burned up people. Jean Grey can lift rocks and other objects with her mind, and hurl them.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 00:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    Moses was the one making the actual commands (raising his staff to part the waters, etc). I paired him up against Storm, because they both have weather-altering kind of powers. Beast vs. Samson is obvious, and Elijah vs. Jean Grey because Elijah called down some kind of fireball from heaven and burned up people. Jean Grey can lift rocks and other objects with her mind, and hurl them.
    Jean grey can also enter his mind and turn him into a gibbering wreck.

And if she gets pushed to far... Phoenix... game over.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 01:04
    Jean grey can also enter his mind and turn him into a gibbering wreck.

And if she gets pushed to far... Phoenix... game over.
    I don't think she's that good at it. Prof X definitely is, but I don't ever remember a time Jean used telepathy as a weapon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree