1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 14:241 edit
    I asked that because if it does, I would think it would not have the mere trillion or so connections of human brains but would be vastly larger, however it is organized or what it is organized with.

Just throwing out the idea that what we think of when we say 'compassion', 'love', 'justice', 'jealousy', and so forth may not come out the way we think about it when a god is involved.

What if this god has a brain. I would think it would have SOME kind of thought processing center, so it seems to me it would have a lot more connections than humans and may not even be limited to the speed of light if it is outside our universe.

So how could we ever know any godly attribute? It could tell us stuff and we could only take such things on face value, we would have no idea of any real motives different from that stated by this communicative god.

It may never communicate with us even assuming there IS such a god.

It may have just set up the conditions that made our universe and rolled the dice and let it do it's own thing, the god knowing in advance it would be a universe that allowed life.

We don't know any of that suppositional stuff so people are free to invent what they THINK a god would be like and we see that has happened time and time again. Of course, each religion thinks of its own god as the only true god, and of course they can't all be right. So how does one justify the idea THEIR particular god has any more validation than any other?

After I posted this, I found this atheist link:

http://www.provingthenegative.com/2007/02/he-has-no-brain-so-god-doesnt-exist.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 20:514 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I asked that because if it does, I would think it would not have the mere trillion or so connections of human brains but would be vastly larger, however it is organized or what it is organized with.

Just throwing out the idea that what we think of when we say 'compassion', 'love', 'justice', 'jealousy', and so forth may not come out the way we think abou ...[text shortened]... eist link:

http://www.provingthenegative.com/2007/02/he-has-no-brain-so-god-doesnt-exist.html
    This guy seems to be trying to sell his book to others that are willingly ignorant, like himself.

One instinctively knows that the Creator of the universe must have incredible power, knowledge, and intelligence from what He has created and made. We can also know, from His inspired word that He revealed through his prophets, that there is only one true spirit God, who has in past times manifested Himself to mankind in various ways. One of these ways is through His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus, born of a virgin through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus must of had a brain because we know humans have brains and we know God has a mind because the Holy Bible makes reference to the mind of God. The apostle John informs us that the WORD that was in the beginning with God was also God, the creator, and was later manifested in the flesh through Christ Jesus, who must have both a brain and a mind. We are also told in the Holy Bible that God created man in His own image and man became a living soul, which implies that man has a mind.

Those that do not wish to remain willingly ignorant acknowledge that man was created by God out of physical molecules of the earth and when God breathed His spirit of life into man, man became a living soul with a minature mind in the image of God. It is also clear from scripture that God used His mind in making mankind for a special purpose for taking care of His earthly creation.

Christians also acknowledge the Son of God, Christ Jesus, as being God manifested in the flesh as scripture says. Therefore, if Jesus has a brain, then when we refer to Jesus as God, we are referring to one, who also has a brain. The brain of Jesus in its human form can not hold all the knowldege of the universe and did not know as much as His Father in Heaven. But it makes common sense that the Father in Heaven does have a means to store all knowledge. I will leave it is up to you as to whether you want to call that storage means "a brain" or "a mind" or something else.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 11:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This guy seems to be trying to sell his book to others that are willingly ignorant, like himself.

One instinctively knows that the Creator of the universe must have incredible power, knowledge, and intelligence from what He has created and made. We can also know, from His inspired word that He revealed through his prophets, that there is only one true sp ...[text shortened]... o you as to whether you want to call that storage means "a brain" or "a mind" or something else.
    Where do you think such a brain would reside?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 18:10
    Where do you think such a brain would reside?
    Anywhere.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 18:35
    Anywhere.
    So it doesn't have a body? Just a brain? Does it need to eat?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:20
    So it doesn't have a body? Just a brain? Does it need to eat?
    Jesus ate fish and bread and drink water and grape juice. Now He is the head over the body of believers, which is called His church.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 21:50
    Jesus ate fish and bread and drink water and grape juice. Now He is the head over the body of believers, which is called His church.
    So now his church needs to eat?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 00:46
    So now his church needs to eat?
    Maybe. What do you think?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 01:571 edit
    Maybe. What do you think?
    Well the Christian church has already eaten millions of people so what's a few more.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 04:373 edits

Just throwing out the idea that what we think of when we say 'compassion', 'love', 'justice', 'jealousy', and so forth may not come out the way we think abou ...[text shortened]... eist link:

John 4:24

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

No, God does not require a brain, it would only slow him up. As a Spirit He
    is different than something with a physical body, with a physical body there
    must be reactions in it to have a thought, to hold a memory. Connections
    are not required in my opinion with God in my opinion.

With respect to communication with us, that must be on God's terms since
    we are limited by our brains, eyes, ears, and so on.

Again, my opinion nothing more, while I while away the hours. 🙂
    Kelly
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 05:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    John 4:24

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

No, God does not require a brain, it would only slow him up. As a Spirit He
    is different than something with a physical body, with a physical body there
    must be reactions in it to have a thought, to hold a memory. Connections
    are not required in my opinion with G ...[text shortened]... yes, ears, and so on.

Again, my opinion nothing more, while I while away the hours. 🙂
    Kelly
    How do you think a spirit manages intelligence if there are no connections?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:152 edits
    How do you think a spirit manages intelligence if there are no connections?
    Why would there be a need? Connections are only important if the things
    that are connected have a function to do something. So a Spirit isn't setup
    (my opinion) like anything with a physical properties, anything that needed
    to be connected in a spirit already is.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:39
    Oh, man. This is embarrassing. This guy obviously doesn't get the god concept. Let me see
    if I can help out a little. In the beginning there was nothing, absolutely nothing. Just so
    we're clear on this, there was nothing - and the general contention is that nothing can't
    create something. However, in this nothingness, there was another kind of nothing we call
    god. This nothing (unlike other nothings) can think, and its thoughts manifest as physical
    things, because while nothing only creates nothing, nothing's thoughts create something.
    Dude, we are its thoughts! How can nothing think without a brain? Because in
    nothingness, you need exactly nothing to think, just like in somethingness you need
    something to think. It's really quite easy (understanding nothingness), if you put nothing
    similar to thoughts into it.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 18:17
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Oh, man. This is embarrassing. This guy obviously doesn't get the god concept. Let me see
    if I can help out a little. In the beginning there was nothing, absolutely nothing. Just so
    we're clear on this, there was nothing - and the general contention is that nothing can't
    create something. However, in this nothingness, there was another kind of nothing w ...[text shortened]... really quite easy (understanding nothingness), if you put nothing
    similar to thoughts into it.
    Then this god you tout has intent but no thoughts?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 19:472 edits
    Then this god you tout has intent but no thoughts?
    Isaiah 55:8-9

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
    “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree