18 Jan '14 01:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 01:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    WRT the specific examples you give: Legally? Yes. Restaurants should be allowed to have a dress policy with the understanding that boycotting, sign carrying, a complaint to authorities, and a lawsuit may result if there is, for example, a reasonable perception of discrimination on religious grounds.

Morally? Yes, except if the patron is likely to starve if not fed.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:25
    Apart from being required to wear clothes, dress codes are an abomination. They should never be enforced.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Apart from being required to wear clothes, dress codes are an abomination. They should never be enforced.
    Why then would you enforce a law outlawing nude dining, if it required diners to sit on a dinner napkin for sanitation purposes?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:57
    Originally posted by JS357
    Why then would you enforce a law outlawing nude dining, if it required diners to sit on a dinner napkin for sanitation purposes?
    I am willing to allow that diners be required to wear clothes. But not for specifying what type of clothes they should be.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 06:16
    I am willing to allow that diners be required to wear clothes. But not for specifying what type of clothes they should be.
    So, a tie will do?
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 08:06
    Resturants should give preferential treat to hot looking ladies in tight clothes, low cut blouses and short shorts! 😀😀😀
  8. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 10:25
    So if you're in a posh formal dining type restaurant that requires a tie, etc you think it's an abomination to turn away people who want to come in dressed like dumpster-diving bums?
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 13:07
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    So if you're in a posh formal dining type restaurant that requires a tie, etc you think it's an abomination to turn away people who want to come in dressed like dumpster-diving bums?
    Yes.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 13:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    So, a tie will do?
    😴
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 13:41
    What about profanity on those clothes?
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 13:57
    Originally posted by dryhump
    What about profanity on those clothes?
    I think that informal peer pressure to conform to socially accepted dress codes is sufficient. Beyond the base requirement that people be clothed, I don't think any institutionalized enforcement is advisable. Restaurants could post guidelines that they prefer their patrons adhere to, but they should not turn anyone away that falls short of them.
  13. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 14:019 edits
    Yes.
    Then I cannot begin to describe your level of suck.

If your way of thinking ever becomes law, I hope you and your kids enjoy the trashy level of garbage you profess to.

You are single, right?

Because I've taken my kids to nice places and seen scumbags dressed like azzholes and wished they were somewhere else.

What's your excuse for denying a simple sense of propriety in social settings?

Are you mad because you only wear sweat pants and t-shirts or something?

"Ah doo whut ahh want!" (Snap fingers and ruin the evening for everyone while strutting around in torn jeans and stained wife-beater shirt at the opera house)

Self-absorbed dick
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 21:152 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 21:53
    Your first two paragraphs are essentially what I said in my previous post in this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree