1. Joined
    02 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 16:01
    Can anyone recommend a good, web based chess engine (one that doesn't involving the downloading of an interface)?

I used to use the engine on chesslab.com for post match analysis but my laptop is having problems running its java application.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 16:02
    Originally posted by Blundercity
    Can anyone recommend a good, web based chess engine (one that doesn't involving the downloading of an interface)?

I used to use the engine on chesslab.com for post match analysis but my laptop is having problems running its java application.

Thanks in advance.
    lichess.org
  3. Joined
    02 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 16:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lichess.org
    Thanks for that. I checked out the site - it provides an analysis of a played game but nothing in relation to what would be a good next move to make. Or have I missed something?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 17:30
    Thanks for that. I checked out the site - it provides an analysis of a played game but nothing in relation to what would be a good next move to make. Or have I missed something?
    It will analyse a game and point out what it thinks are errors and inaccuracies and provide the line which it thinks best, although i think you need to sign up for that, but its free and its quick to analyse a game.
  5. e4
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 17:31
    Hi Blundercity,

"I used to use the engine on chesslab.com for post match analysis..."

Post a game on here and get some human input.

There are some good players knocking about in here.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 17:363 edits
    here is an analysis of your game v doug989

doug989
    Inaccuracies 3 8.6%
    Mistakes 1 2.9%
    Blunders 0 0.0%

Blundercity (1699)
    Inaccuracies 1 2.9%
    Mistakes 2 5.9%
    Blunders 1 2.9%

opening: www.chessgames.com/perl/chessopening?eco=B56
  7. Joined
    02 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 19:12
    Cheers mate and thaks for picking one of my more convincing wins to exhibit!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 19:49
    Cheers mate and thaks for picking one of my more convincing wins to exhibit!
    LOL, it was totally random, first one that came to hand 😀
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 20:59
    May I ask please if the analysis of the game above is a function that is available on RHP.

Thanks.

Willy.....
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 21:12
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    May I ask please if the analysis of the game above is a function that is available on RHP.

Thanks.

Willy.....
    sure you can ask, its not a function of RHP, it is of chess.com if you are a subscriber but their chess analysis engine is ludicrous, I played the Caro Kann or the French defence and it said 1.....c6 a mistake ???
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 21:191 edit
    Actually I am with Greenpawn on this one, an engine can tell you a move is numerically suboptimal and it may even suggest what it considers to be an alternative stronger move, but it cannot tell you why, only human players can tell us that.

the best way is to play the game and analyse it yourself afterwards, chess engines analysis i think have a tendency to make us lazy.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 21:29
    My problem is that I try to analyse each move as I make it but still make mistakes.

Many thanks for your reply.

Willy.....
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 23:14
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    My problem is that I try to analyse each move as I make it but still make mistakes.

Many thanks for your reply.

Willy.....
    There is a logical process which we go through depending upon the criteria of the position. Most progress I made was when I stopped trying to find moves and started simply to try to understand the position. We have a bad habit of trying simply to calculate moves which is not very helpful for we are not chess machines. If you want to avoid outright blunders consider all of your opponents forcing moves before you make yours, checks first, captures next and then attacking moves and then use calculation to see if your move is tactically sound

You are most welcome - regards Robbie
  14. e4
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 00:53
    Hi Blunder City.

Robbies choice of game really was snatched at random. Not much one do with that.
    He gave you a piece for nothing, and I mean nothing, he just gave you
    that Bishop on d7 for nothing.

Here instead of his poor 13....Be7 he could have validated his pawn sac/loss

by trying to give up that d7 Bishop with 13....Qb6.
    It is Queen winning bait. if 14.Qxd7 then 14...Rd8.
    (there is a chance you might have fallen for it with 90+ games on the go.)

You then played a no blunder game chopping wood to go into an easy won ending.
    I doubt if the brain slipped out of neutral for that one.

However, I'd cut down that game load, then you will stop having these 12 move disasters.

Don't run this one through a computer. It will build a robot and send it
    to your house and zap you with 2 million volts.

How on earth did you miss what he was up to when he played Bd3-c2 and Qd1-d3......Too many games.

sWaterman - Blundercity RHP December 2013.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree