1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 16:45
    So this doesn't get lost in the mix, and also because you don't seem to have answered my questions (even though you said you would) which i asked a few days ago now.

'You have no clue how a Christian have Christ in their life!'

Can you elaborate on this, and also explain the 'reality' and your 'relationship' with Jesus.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 16:49
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So this doesn't get lost in the mix, and also because you don't seem to have answered my questions (even though you said you would) which i asked a few days ago now.

Can you elaborate on this, and also explain the 'reality' and your 'relationship' with Jesus.
    Do you ask this of him respectfully, or do you plan on crapping on his explanation as ridiculous or nonsensical? This has been the usual method in the past.

Can you possibly see why believers are wary of answering questions like this put to them by non-believers?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 18:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you possibly see why believers are wary of answering questions like this put to them by non-believers?
    Unless you personally think your explanation is ridiculous and nonsensical, I really don't see why you should be wary. Theists are frequently critical of my lack of belief but it has never stopped me from being open and honest about what I believe. Why should you feel threatened more than me? In my life, the vast majority of people I knew growing up were theist. In fact, I don't recall ever meeting an openly atheist person until I came to South Africa. Do you live in a society that is mostly Atheist? I don't really understand why you have a persecution complex.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:20
    Do you ask this of him respectfully, or do you plan on crapping on his explanation as ridiculous or nonsensical? This has been the usual method in the past.

I don't blame proper knob for calling Kelly out; Kelly has prevaricated over several topics and sub-topics for pages and pages. He is either deliberately hiding behind an adopted strategy of obfusication, or is as I suspect, is obstinately holding a position which is quite untenable due to a combination of his contradictory theology or plain intellectual dishonesty. The vague nature of his posting hardly helps.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't really understand why you have a persecution complex.
    Personally, I don't feel persecuted here in this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, but don't you think the Christians posting in this forum take it on the cheek often enough?

It's one thing to have the things one says criticized, and another to have one's person vilified, much less the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

What was that that Jesus said? "Every word..."
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...contradictory theology or plain intellectual dishonesty.
    Bad combination. These boards are rife with them.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 20:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's one thing to have the things one says criticized, and another to have one's person vilified, much less the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    I think on average, the atheists are more polite than the theists. If theists seem to be having a harder time of it, maybe its because they are trying to defend an indefensible position?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:03
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Yes, and I've actually started on it. I told you I work 12 hours on 12 hours
    off night shifts, so when I'm working I've little free time.
    Kelly
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Unless you personally think your explanation is ridiculous and nonsensical, I really don't see why you should be wary. Theists are frequently critical of my lack of belief but it has never stopped me from being open and honest about what I believe. Why should you feel threatened more than me? In my life, the vast majority of people I knew growing up were ...[text shortened]... a society that is mostly Atheist? I don't really understand why you have a persecution complex.
    No, I never encountered masses of atheists until I started posting here.

And as I said, it's the usual method for deriding theists, to call their beliefs ridiculous or nonsensical. And to couch this in a way that seems like the asker is honestly just looking for elucidation, rather than a chance to ridicule. Let me be clear, I do not have a 'persecution complex' anywhere other than here, for obvious reasons, despite your efforts to paint atheists as 'innocent' when confronting theists.

This is why I asked if he was asking respectfully, out of wanting to know, or was it just the typical baiting in order to unload both barrels after the theist gives an honest answer? Maybe we should let him answer the question posed to him.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    But don't you think Suzianne is rather more disposed towards the personal vilification of fellow posters than most of the other regulars here? Take a look at her last month's worth of posts for example. I know it's just the internet and I know she's just having fun [her profile says "I'm back and posting as usual. Kicking ass and taking names"] but is she really justified in trying to vilify Proper Knob with her first post on this thread? 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:12
    ... it's the usual method for deriding theists, to call their beliefs ridiculous or nonsensical.
    I don't recall you ever criticizing any Christians for calling non-Christians' beliefs ridiculous or nonsensical.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    But don't you think Suzianne is rather more disposed towards the personal vilification of fellow posters than most of the other regulars here? Take a look at her last month's worth of posts for example. I know it's just the internet and I know she's just having fun [her profile says "I'm back and posting as usual. Kicking ass and taking names"] but is she really justified in trying to vilify Proper Knob with her first post on this thread? 🙂
    When atheists have been vilifying theists here unrelentingly as long as I can remember?

Who needs the justification again?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:15
    This is why I asked if he was asking respectfully, out of wanting to know, or was it just the typical baiting in order to unload both barrels after the theist gives an honest answer?
    Wouldn't waiting to see have been more respectful on your part, rather than attempting to poison the well with your first post on this thread. You seem, sometimes at least, to come across as an example of the etiquette you claim to dislike.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:16
    When atheists have been vilifying theists here unrelentingly as long as I can remember?

Who needs the justification again?
    The banter goes both ways. You yourself are pretty unrelenting don't you think?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 00:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't recall you ever criticizing any Christians for calling non-Christians' beliefs ridiculous or nonsensical.
    Just as I do not recall any atheists here ever criticizing any atheists for calling Christian beliefs ridiculous or nonsensical. If anything, they always agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree