1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 14:30
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=710868195667446&id=111938618893743

Can't Atheist get over what people do! It offense me to see Atheist's breathe and that goes for my cousin to. He is the rudest person in the world. He get offended if you say that there are 15 million illegals in the US.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 14:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL

Can't Atheist get over what people do! It offense me to see Atheist's breathe and that goes for my cousin to. He is the rudest person in the world. He get offended if you say that there are 15 million illegals in the US.
    You find it offensive to watch an atheist breathe? May I suggest that's just about as far removed from Jesus Christ as you can get.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 14:41

Could atheists put one up saying 'Play your best, as God most certainly does not exist, and therefore you need to make the most of your one life before you die and are snuffed out into nothingness'?

Can Muslims put up one with verses from the Qu'ran?

Scientologists?

Pastafarians?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 14:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You find it offensive to watch an atheist breathe? May I suggest that's just about as far removed from Jesus Christ as you can get.
    I don't think you understand jokes.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 14:54
    I don't think you understand jokes.
    Actually, I think it is you that don't.

Have you any good reason for why Christians should be allowed discretion to put up a symbol of their particular faith in a state school, when there is supposed to be separation of church from state?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 15:30

Funny you can put down atheists here with abandon but won't answer the thread you posted in science. I guess that goes along with your trollness.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 15:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Funny you can put down atheists here with abandon but won't answer the thread you posted in science. I guess that goes along with your trollness.
    The biblical reference in his profile is:

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

You just can't make this stuff up.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 00:31
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Actually, I think it is you that don't.

Have you any good reason for why Christians should be allowed discretion to put up a symbol of their particular faith in a state school, when there is supposed to be separation of church from state?
    Maybe because they own the state? Would that be reason enough?

Separation of church and state means that the state shall not designate a particular religion as the official state religion. It does not mean that citizens cannot run their country according as their faith dictates.

If the majority rules, then the rest can cry like babies. They can start their own schools and run their municipalities as they wish.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 00:53
    Originally posted by josephw

Separation of church and state means that the state shall not designate a particular religion as the official state religion. It does not mean that citizens cannot run their country according as their faith dictates.

If the majority rules, then the rest can cry like babies. They can start their own schools and run their municipalities as they wish.
    Separation of church and state means whatever the person who refers to it intends it to mean. At least, it is wise to understand what that person means.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 05:25

Sounds ignorant at minimum .......don't get what your trying to say ?

Manny
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 07:05

I believe the states can do it. It is the Federal government that is prohibited from making a law that prohibits the free exercise of religion. I believe they call it freedom of religion.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 07:071 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Separation of church and state means whatever the person who refers to it intends it to mean. At least, it is wise to understand what that person means.
    However, if they deviate too far from the definitional norm, then communication is impaired.

If one is going to use a non-standard meaning for a term, one ought to say so up front, to avoid confusion.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 11:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe the states can do it. It is the Federal government that is prohibited from making a law that prohibits the free exercise of religion. I believe they call it freedom of religion.
    I would like a law that give freedom FROM religion. Which you don't have in many places in the world including many places in the USA.
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 14:24

The fact that you think you have the right to demand preferential treatment for your religion on the grounds of being in the majority does rather demonstrate the moral bankruptcy at the heart of most organised religion.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 15:58
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    The fact that you think you have the right to demand preferential treatment for your religion on the grounds of being in the majority does rather demonstrate the moral bankruptcy at the heart of most organised religion.
    What he said! I second that wholeheartedly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree