1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 14:23
    The thread is gone, robbie. Thanks for your help.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 15:13
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    This seems to be how mods make problems go away, deleting threads.

Never mind actually banning someone for violating the ToS.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This seems to be how mods make problems go away, deleting threads.

Never mind actually banning someone for violating the ToS.
    What thread? 😕
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 16:43
    Five Stars for this one!!!!
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 10:28
    Originally posted by coquette
    Five Stars for this one!!!!
    it was a cracking game Liverpool got well stuffed(back of the net)
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 19:39
    No problemo Randhu Ghandhu, perhaps if those with hypersensitive moral sensibilities and ludicrous notions of assistance had not weeped so much we may still be having a little fun. As it is all we are left with is emptiness and the realisation that some people simply cannot transcend themselves.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 23:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No problemo Randhu Ghandhu, perhaps if those with hypersensitive moral sensibilities and ludicrous notions of assistance had not weeped so much we may still be having a little fun. As it is all we are left with is emptiness and the realisation that some people simply cannot transcend themselves.
    Cheating isn't fun, robbie. You'll come to know that when you grow up.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 08:21
    Cheating isn't fun, robbie. You'll come to know that when you grow up.
    No one cheated Rhandhu Ghandu and I resent your assertions that they did. Now I realise that its difficult for you to see things from another's perspective but as was pointed out by sonhouse simply stating that the en passant rule exists is not highlighting any specific moves and simply stating that ones opponent missed a mate in one is also not giving any assistance.

If you can demonstrate why this constitutes cheating then please do so, otherwise retract your assertion and while I realise that life is not a joke personally i think many people here take themselves way to seriously. They are not walking lightly on the rice paper.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 08:34
    No one cheated Rhandhu Ghandu and I resent your assertions that they did. Now I realise that its difficult for you to see things from another's perspective but as was pointed out by sonhouse simply stating that the en passant rule exists is not highlighting any specific moves and simply stating that ones opponent missed a mate in one is also not giv ...[text shortened]... y people here take themselves way to seriously. They are not walking lightly on the rice paper.
    You also kept telling him that if you were him, you would have quit long ago.

Sounds like advice to me.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 08:432 edits

Sounds like advice to me.
    Advice to resign is not helping him during the game, is it!
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 09:05

I think if he takes Robbie's advice and resigns he should be forced to forfeit the game.
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 10:59
    Advice to resign is not helping him during the game, is it!
    he was shagged
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 11:13
    Originally posted by redbadger
    he was shagged
    yes he was!
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 14:18
    No one cheated Rhandhu Ghandu and I resent your assertions that they did. Now I realise that its difficult for you to see things from another's perspective but as was pointed out by sonhouse simply stating that the en passant rule exists is not highlighting any specific moves and simply stating that ones opponent missed a mate in one is also not giv ...[text shortened]... y people here take themselves way to seriously. They are not walking lightly on the rice paper.
    The player who raised the question was in check with nowhere for his King to move, but not in
    checkmate. Three of us hinted that there was a legal move available but left it to the player to
    find it. You decided to show us up by specifically identifying the en passant move required to
    keep the game going, and then advised the player to resign and criticized his opponent for not
    recognizing a mate in one.

If that isn't cheating, what is it? Poor sportsmanship? Interference? Manipulation? Take your pick.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 14:453 edits
    The player who raised the question was in check with nowhere for his King to move, but not in
    checkmate. Three of us hinted that there was a legal move available but left it to the player to
    find it. You decided to show us up by specifically identifying the en passant move required to
    keep the game going, and then advised the player to resign ...[text shortened]... that isn't cheating, what is it? Poor sportsmanship? Interference? Manipulation? Take your pick.
    As sonhouse pointed out Randogo Gambogo simply stating that chess has an en passant rule is not strictly giving assistance, no more than stating that castling is also a rule as Wolfgang pointed out. That it just happened to be the only move that was playable was merely coincidental and is no more giving assistance than you stating that there is a legal move available.

Resigning was the only logical and rational choice in my opinion given the dynamics of the position, again its difficult to see how anyone can gain an advantage by resigning.

So Randogo Gambogo you have FAILED to demonstrate how anyone could have made use of any of these suggestions so as to gain an advantage and I shall dismiss your ramblings as those of a mad man. I really think you should walk more lightly on the ground.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree