1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 13:191 edit
    In the warped mind of a progressive, everything seems to be = these days unless it involves conservatives or the unborn.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/107526-house-democrats-climate-change-turns-women-prostitutes/

The logic, if you can call it that, goes something like this. Global warming is destroying jobs. Women need jobs, so more women then become prostitutes.

Makes sense to me. The only question I have, is what does Bill Clinton think of this hypothesis? Is this an argument for or against global warming?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 13:49
    That website seems like a perfect place for you to have all your preconceived notions re-affirmed again and again and again, Whodey. Certainly, when reading the comments below the "article" it's like reading the opinions of a multitude of Whodey clones. You should get all your news from websites like that!

Any chance you can point us to the actual resolution this "article" speaks of instead of having us believe what the resolution says purely on the basis of this "article"?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 20:48
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    That website seems like a perfect place for you to have all your preconceived notions re-affirmed again and again and again, Whodey. Certainly, when reading the comments below the "article" it's like reading the opinions of a multitude of Whodey clones. You should get all your news from websites like that!

Any chance you can point us to the actual ...[text shortened]... of instead of having us believe what the resolution says purely on the basis of this "article"?
    http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th/house-concurrent-resolution/36/text

It is concurrent resolution 36, champion by representative Barbara Lee.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 20:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 20:58

6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 20:58
    Holy fudge, you actually responded normally and in a helpful manner!

Are you ill?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 22:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    In the warped mind of a progressive, everything seems to be = these days unless it involves conservatives or the unborn.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/107526-house-democrats-climate-change-turns-women-prostitutes/

The logic, if you can call it that, goes something like this. Global warming is destroying jobs. Women need jobs, so more women then beco ...[text shortened]... does Bill Clinton think of this hypothesis? Is this an argument for or against global warming?
    So I expect that the situation will lead some men and some women into desperate, even criminal measures.

The women have the more vocal lobby. That's all.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 23:11

The logic, if you can call it that, goes something like this. Global warming is destroying jobs. Women need jobs, so more women then beco ...[text shortened]... does Bill Clinton think of this hypothesis? Is this an argument for or against global warming?
    This is a predictably hysterical response to this rather innocuous statement in the resolution:

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be
    vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early
    marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and
    poor reproductive health;

Needless to say, it is a fabrication of what purports to be whodey's "mind" to recast this as: Global warming is destroying jobs. Women need jobs, so more women then become prostitutes.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 01:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This is a predictably hysterical response to this rather innocuous statement in the resolution:

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be
    vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early
    marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and
    poor reprodu ...[text shortened]... as: Global warming is destroying jobs. Women need jobs, so more women then become prostitutes.
    Say what you will, but it appears that the socioeconomic poo that we are being led into will be blamed on global warming.

It's too bad, I miss blaming "W" for everything.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 18:211 edit
    Say what you will, but it appears that the socioeconomic poo that we are being led into will be blamed on global warming.

It's too bad, I miss blaming "W" for everything.
    You might be interested in the Bronze Age Collapse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age_collapse

I don't think we've gained much more ability to correlate climate to collapse. But drought seemed to play a role.
  11. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 08:131 edit

Monica Lewinsky was a psychology graduate, and in her 20s, at the time of her sexual relationship with Bill Clinton. If he'd wanted someone vulnerable and easy to take advantage of, she was far from the obvious choice. Other than that, what's your basis for accusing Bill Clinton (at least, by implication) of taking advantage of vulnerable women?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 01:05

13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 00:35
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Monica Lewinsky was a psychology graduate, and in her 20s, at the time of her sexual relationship with Bill Clinton. If he'd wanted someone vulnerable and easy to take advantage of, she was far from the obvious choice. Other than that, what's your basis for accusing Bill Clinton (at least, by implication) of taking advantage of vulnerable women?
    The President of the US targeting an intern?

Beats me. I'll leave it to you libs to justify all that.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 00:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There should be signs posted at the White House to warn women. 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree