1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 05:19
    DNA - God's amazing programming; evidence for his existence

The discovery of DNA and it's marvelous blueprint of programming to build God's creatures is one of the many proofs that God does indeed exist. It is an insult to our intelligence for a propaganda essayist (claiming to be a scientist) to actually claim DNA was a proof for evolution.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 06:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    DNA - God's amazing programming; evidence for his existence

The discovery of DNA and it's marvelous blueprint of programming to build God's creatures is one of the many proofs that God does indeed exist. It is an insult to our intelligence for a propaganda essayist (claiming to be a scientist) to actually claim DNA was a proof for evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeCxKzYiIA
    You have a very short memory, don't you?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 07:281 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    You have a very short memory, don't you?
    Do you remeber this one?

DNA SCIENTIST CONVINCED OF GOD

"I AM A SCIENTIST AND A BELIEVER, AND I FIND NO CONFLICT BETWEEN THOSE WORLD VIEWS"
    Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.,Director of the Human Genome Project.

"As the director of the Human Genome Project, I have led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the human genome, our own DNA instruction book. As a believer, I see DNA, the information molecule of all living things, as God's language, and the elegance and complexity of our own bodies and the rest of nature as a reflection of God's plan. I did not always embrace these perspectives. As a graduate student in physical chemistry in the 1970s, I was an atheist, finding no reason to postulate the existence of any truths outside of mathematics, physics and chemistry. But then I went to medical school, and encountered life and death issues at the bedsides of my patients. Challenged by one of those patients, who asked "What do you believe, doctor?", I began searching for answers.

I had to admit that the science I loved so much was powerless to answer questions such as "What is the meaning of life?" "Why am I here?" "Why does mathematics work, anyway?" "If the universe had a beginning, who created it?" "Why are the physical constants in the universe so finely tuned to allow the possibility of complex life forms?" "Why do humans have a moral sense?" "What happens after we die?"

I had always assumed that faith was based on purely emotional and irrational arguments, and was astounded to discover, initially in the writings of the Oxford scholar C.S. Lewis, and subsequently from many other sources, that one could build a very strong case for the plausibility of the existence of God on purely rational grounds.

My earlier atheist's assertion that "I know there is no God" emerged as the least defensible.

As the British writer G.K. Chesterton famously remarked, "Atheism is the most daring of all dogmas, for it is the assertion of a universal negative."

But reason alone cannot prove the existence of God. Faith is reason plus revelation, and the revelation part requires one to think with the spirit as well as with the mind. You have to hear the music, not just read the notes on the page. Ultimately, a leap of faith is required.

For me, that leap came in my 27th year, after a search to learn more about God's character led me to the person of Jesus Christ. Here was a person with remarkably strong historical evidence of his life, who made astounding statements about loving your neighbor, and whose claims about being God's son seemed to demand a decision about whether he was deluded or the real thing. After resisting for nearly two years, I found it impossible to go on living in such a state of uncertainty, and I became a follower of Jesus.

I have found there is a wonderful harmony in the complementary truths of science and faith. The God of the Bible is also the God of the genome. God can be found in the cathedral or in the laboratory.

By investigating God's majestic and awesome creation, science can actually be a means of worship.

DNA is a Language, Complete with an Alphabet!

"This development is highly significant for the modern origin of life discussion. Molecular biology has now uncovered an analogy between DNA and written human languages. It is more than an analogy, in fact: in terms of structure, the two are "mathematically identical." (In other words, it's not analogous to a language - IT IS a language).

YouTube
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 11:57
    Do you remeber this one?

[b]DNA SCIENTIST CONVINCED OF GOD

"I AM A SCIENTIST AND A BELIEVER, AND I FIND NO CONFLICT BETWEEN THOSE WORLD VIEWS"

"As the director of the Human Genome Project, I have led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the huma ...[text shortened]... not analogous to a language - IT IS a language).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5bPbwkjKMM[/b]
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: DNA is code for life like water and gravity is code for
    rain, or falling rocks is code for gravity, or barium nitrate, aluminum, iron and fire is code
    for sparkly things. In other words, when certain molecules combine they can't help but
    react (or not for some combinations); the same molecules when combined always give the
    same result. There's no intelligent coder needed for them to do their thing. To say that DNA
    is code is to suggest that it's a language of some sort, but it's not; it's a molecular
    entanglement otherwise known as a nucleic acid. To say that DNA is a blueprint for life is
    also inaccurate when taken literally, no matter who says it. You wouldn't say that a piece of
    garbage is a blueprint for a garbage dump, would you? Even though it is all you need to
    create said dump.
  5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 14:441 edit
    DNA SCIENTIST CONVINCED OF GOD

You are such a total, 100% dyed in the wool hypocrite, that i am standing here amazed with my mouth open!

😲 😲 🙄 🙄

What you fail to mention, is that Francis Collins, whom you laud here as a champion of the Faith, is a profound evolutionist and highly critical of the ID and YEC movement in his book "The Language of God".

I have quoted it to you numerous times, but your response was always to either ignore it, or to say "He cannot be a real Christian"!

Well, now you have cooked your own goose.

Is Francis Collins a Christian and Champion for belief in God or not?

I say he is, totally. What do you say? A liar and an ignoramous cheat?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 20:25
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: DNA is code for life like water and gravity is code for
    rain, or falling rocks is code for gravity, or barium nitrate, aluminum, iron and fire is code
    for sparkly things. In other words, when certain molecules combine they can't help but
    react (or not for some combinations); the same molecules when combined al ...[text shortened]... a blueprint for a garbage dump, would you? Even though it is all you need to
    create said dump.
    Scientists have yet to find any programming code containing instructional information as a language in water and gravity or any of those other things you mentioned. So you are talking out of your ass.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 20:425 edits
    Originally posted by CalJust
    You are such a total, 100% dyed in the wool hypocrite, that i am standing here amazed with my mouth open!

😲 😲 🙄 🙄

What you fail to mention, is that Francis Collins, whom you laud here as a champion of the Faith, is a profound evolutionist and highly critical of the ID and YEC movement in his book "The Language of God".

I have quoted it to you n ...[text shortened]... belief in God or not?

I say he is, totally. What do you say? A liar and an ignoramous cheat?
    I in no way laud PhD Scientist Francis Collins as a champion of the faith. He is a former atheist turned Christian so that does not make him a champion of the faith. But he is smart enough as a scientists to realize that there are no answers to the questions of origins and life in science that exclude God. Like other real thinkers in science before him, he can no longer ignore the evidence for design and creation.

A famous scientist of the past said of his discoveries that he was thinking God's thoughts after him.

http://www.newlife.org/node/362
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 05:28
    Scientists have yet to find any programming code containing instructional information as a language in water and gravity or any of those other things you mentioned...
    That's the whole point I'm making. There is no programming code or language in DNA. It's
    a molecule that reacts a certain way with other molecules, the result being that it replicates
    itself (more or less). The "code" is the letters we use to describe the combinations of its
    constituent parts. We could write code to describe the constituent parts of a rain droplet
    too, but that doesn't mean a designer created it.
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 05:402 edits
    But he is smart enough as a scientists to realize that there are no answers to the questions of origins and life in science that exclude God. Like other real thinkers in science before him, he can no longer ignore the evidence for design and creation.

A famous scientist of the past said of his discoveries that he was thinking God's thoughts
    Yes, yes, yes, all that we agree on!

But since he is so smart, his views on ID and YEC must be as important and worthy of consideration, no?

Don't try and wriggle out of this one!

Young Earth Creationism has reached a point of intellectual bankruptcy, both in its science and in its theology. Its persistence is thus one of the great puzzles and great tragedies of our time. By attacking the fundamentals of virtually every branch of science, it widens the chasm between the scientific and spiritual worldviews, just at a time where a pathway toward harmony is desperately needed (Collins 2007, p. 177).
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 10:58
    That's the whole point I'm making. There is no programming code or language in DNA. It's
    a molecule that reacts a certain way with other molecules, the result being that it replicates
    itself (more or less). The "code" is the letters we use to describe the combinations of its
    constituent parts. We could write code to describe the constituent parts of a rain droplet
    too, but that doesn't mean a designer created it.
    I do not want you to remain ignorant. You can learn a lot from watching youtube videos. Here is one that I believe can teach you something. You can find many others, but some might be to complicated for you.

Programming of Life

YouTube
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 11:26
    Yes, yes, yes, all that we agree on!

But since he is so smart, his views on ID and YEC must be as important and worthy of consideration, no?

Don't try and wriggle out of this one!

Young Earth Creationism has reached a point of intellectual bankruptcy, both in its science and in its theology. Its persistence is thus one of the great puzzles an ...[text shortened]... t at a time where a pathway toward harmony is desperately needed (Collins 2007, p. 177).
    Don't forget that he used to be an atheist. It is not likely that he could come to believe as I do so quickly. It is not likely that he is going to discard all the propaganda he received on evolution and billions and millions of years so quickly. He at least has went from believing in God to accepting Christ so that is making progress in the right direction.

Hugh Ross is another scientist that has become a Christian, but he still hangs on to this propaganda of billions of years, which he fits into the Genesis account by claiming that "day" could mean long periods of time instead of just a 24 hour period. I think that is stupid, but he is still an obviously intelligent scientist that is partially blinded and deceived by the evolution propaganda of Satan.
  12. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 11:34
    It is not likely that he is going to discard all the propaganda he received on evolution and billions and millions of years so quickly.
    You know what is so strange about your antipathy towards the "billions and millions of years"?

It is that the god you believe in was in such a hurry to create the universe and all mankind in only 6000 years (what's the rush??) and then spends the next "billions and millions of years" (only multiplied by another billion and million) leisurely watching the bulk of his creation fry in hell?

You are welcome to that kind of god!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 18:42
    You know what is so strange about your antipathy towards the "billions and millions of years"?

It is that the god you believe in was in such a hurry to create the universe and all mankind in only 6000 years (what's the rush??) and then spends the next "billions and millions of years" (only multiplied by another billion and million) leisurely watching the bulk of his creation fry in hell?

You are welcome to that kind of god!
    God will be doing the watching in paradise for He has put Satan in charge of watching the lake of Fire.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 14:24
    I do not want you to remain ignorant. You can learn a lot from watching youtube videos. Here is one that I believe can teach you something. You can find many others, but some might be to complicated for you.

Programming of Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vBqYDBW5s
    I love how the narrator attempts to differentiate between data and information, then equals
    information with knowledge. Yeah, I wouldn't pay that "documentary" too much attention if
    I were you. It has great presentation value (admittedly often the case with creationist
    propaganda videos), yet somewhat skewed in content, wouldn't you say? For instance, it
    completely dismiss evolution as even a viable explanation for the "information" in DNA,
    even though it is frankly the best explanation for it. It also liken cells to tiny computers,
    ignoring completely how they work completely on chance. Do you believe that if enough
    people talk about the cell in computer terms, that it then becomes just that? Well, it won't.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 14:444 edits
    Hugh Ross is another scientist that has become a Christian, but he still hangs on to this propaganda of billions of years, which he fits into the Genesis account by claiming that "day" could mean long periods of time instead of just a 24 hour period. I think that is stupid, but he is still an obviously intelligent scientist that is partially blinded and deceived by the evolution propaganda of Satan.

According to Ross's own personal testimony, he was a Christian FIRST before he got his advanced degrees in Cosmology.

You really do not listen closely to people you've made up your mind that you don't like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree