1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 01:56
    Great idea because, you know, if there's a mass shooting you want a bunch of civilians to be able to pull their guns out and start popping away. Of course. you get incidents like this along the way, but hey omelet-egg thingy:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/14/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 02:12
    Shooting people who use phones in a theater should be mandatory.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 04:342 edits
    It depends on the film.

For example, I went to go see Avatar. Big mistake. If only I had had a gun I could have spared myself a great deal of misery
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 13:10
    In fact the last remark was that it was neitehr allowed to use mobile phones nor to bring weapons.

Maybe it would have been better if both contestants would have been limited to use their fists.

To provoke someone is never a good idea (even if the other isn't going in to that). To shoot someone is of far larger consequence.

I understand that the OP is against the use of guns, and rightly so.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 17:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    Shooting people who use phones in a theater should be mandatory.
    I use my phone to check the time only. I look at it inside my Bills Jacket. Who wears a watch?
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 09:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Great idea because, you know, if there's a mass shooting you want a bunch of civilians to be able to pull their guns out and start popping away. Of course. you get incidents like this along the way, but hey omelet-egg thingy:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/14/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    Yeah, having guns in theaters is a pretty ridiculous idea. I wouldn't take a gun to a theater, even if it was legal to do so. I'd rather (a) fight back unarmed, or else (b) not go to the theater in the first place, if I thought a shooting was likely (basically, it isn't). Also, on private property, the owner can legally stipulate that guns are not allowed, i.e. that being unarmed is a condition of being allowed on the premises. Right of Admission Reserved.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 00:471 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 01:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder

When encountering anyone about anything, I try to remember that people snap, and we (in the US) have laws allowing concealed guns to be carried. The shooter might deserve and get jail, but the texter will still be dead.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 01:441 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Means, motive, moment. That's all you need.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 03:31
    More fun with guns in FL

Florida mom kills teen kids in murder-suicide: cops New York Daily News - 5 days ago
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 04:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree