1. In your face
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:03
    Has anyone heard about hthis bug? Sounds serious and there is nothing you can do about really other than wait for large organisations to patch up heir web servers: -

http://www.christianpost.com/news/heart-bleed-virus-update-open-ssl-computer-bug-how-to-protect-your-security-passwords-for-gmail-yahoo-facebook-117732/
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:07
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Has anyone heard about hthis bug? Sounds serious and there is nothing you can do about really other than wait for large organisations to patch up heir web servers: -

http://www.christianpost.com/news/heart-bleed-virus-update-open-ssl-computer-bug-how-to-protect-your-security-passwords-for-gmail-yahoo-facebook-117732/
    Canada's government shut down our CRS (Canadian Revenue Service) because of it and they're saying that it could be down till the weekend and it's tax return time. Hope they extend the deadline.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:20
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Canada's government shut down our CRS (Canadian Revenue Service) because of it and they're saying that it could be down till the weekend and it's tax return time. Hope they extend the deadline.
    You mean you have a job? 😛
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 20:33
    You mean you have a job? 😛
    Sort of.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 08:49

That's the point. IN German news they stress the point that it was a German programmer who made the mistake leading to the bug. This is to counter the assumption that the NSA was responsible...
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:001 edit
    This site was not affected by this problem. So no need for password resets here unless you used the same password elsewhere on a compromised site.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    This site was not affected by this problem. So no need for password resets here unless you used the same password elsewhere on a compromised site.
    Hi Russ, glad to see you are still around...sadly so many of my old buddies have mostly come and gone including me for a long spell. Time to make a few more. Still a beautiful site. Good work my friend.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:362 edits
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Hi Russ, glad to see you are still around...sadly so many of my old buddies have mostly come and gone including me for a long spell. Time to make a few more. Still a beautiful site. Good work my friend.
    Hi, yes, I'm very much still here...right now just bogged down in quite a bit of unreleased work...which can make it appear that I have vanished as I tend to focus on the current task at hand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree