1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 08:292 edits
    Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it looks like she's trying to time this move to minimize any political fallout, since attention is now focused on Trump. Bad move Hillary! You should have gotten out in front of this months ago.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/12/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QG2DZ20150812
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 13:49
    http://i.imgur.com/JhTYz0X.png
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 14:01
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 23:13
    Originally posted by bill718
    Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it loo ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/12/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QG2DZ20150812
    The email server was most likely a RAID array of hard drives, perhaps as many as a dozen. While single hard drives can't be totally erased, and technical experts can recover data from those that has been "deleted", even magnetically wiped.

Raid arrays are multiple drives acting as one, for more storage, and theoretically redundancy. Trouble is that the array can remain in tact, while replacing individual drives. So, the process to cover her ample butt would be to remove emails implicating her, or containing sensitive data, and than copy all of what's left to a new RAID array, leaving not a trace of any of the offending emails. She's had months to have this done. The original hard drives end up crushed in a auto junkyard, unless like Rose Law Firm billing records they are found a decade later in her reading room.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 00:38
    I am unclear. A true or false question:
    Had a federal judge threatened Mrs Clinton with a perjury charge before she gave up the server?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 05:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it loo ...[text shortened]...
    Uh Oh

YouTube
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 10:57
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The email server was most likely a RAID array of hard drives, perhaps as many as a dozen. While single hard drives can't be totally erased, and technical experts can recover data from those that has been "deleted", even magnetically wiped.

Raid arrays are multiple drives acting as one, for more storage, and theoretically redundancy. Trouble is that the ...[text shortened]... rd, unless like Rose Law Firm billing records they are found a decade later in her reading room.
    Nothing to see here Bernie Sanders.

Move along. 😵
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 10:58
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    I am unclear. A true or false question:
    Had a federal judge threatened Mrs Clinton with a perjury charge before she gave up the server?
    Steve, these people are untouchable.

Nothing will come of it.
  9. The moral highground
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 18:34
    Is this actually the bad news for her that all my right wing media source's say it is?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 19:21
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    Is this actually the bad news for her that all my right wing media source's say it is?
    Does the right wing ever get good news?

No.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '15 18:271 edit
    http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/fbi-hillary-clinton-email-platte-river/2015/08/13/id/669926/

Looks like she turned it over only after she had it wiped.

But hey that won't prevent the faithful from claiming she has turned over her server.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 00:13
    Only if the Democrats start using their brains and don't vote for her. 😏
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 12:53
    No. There is nothing left on that server, that will implicate her. See my post above.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 12:54
    In the sense that most people, right or left, have suspicions anyway, this can't be helpful to Mrs. Clinton. I continue to say that she will not be the Democratic nominee.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 18:24
    Originally posted by normbenign
    No. There is nothing left on that server, that will implicate her. See my post above.
    Right, all e-mails are traceable, except for Hillary and the IRS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree