1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 15:18
    The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/business/the-typical-household-now-worth-a-third-less.html?_r=0

This is Obama's dream! Keep Americans poor so that they will vote Democrat! It worked on certain segments of the American population, why not all?

Bringing in large number of 3rd world citizens is only going to make things better!
  2. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 15:41
    The "net worth" of a household is, to a large degree, determined by the value of their home, so it is not very surprising that it drops significantly after a housing bubble collapse. The remainder of the trend, as the article also mentioned, can be ascribed to increasing income and wealth inequality. While that is lamentable, and the Obama administration has done little to address it (although at least they have not made it much worse), I doubt the kind of policy that would address this issue successfully would have your support.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 15:41
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/business/the-typical-household-now-worth-a-third-less.html?_r=0

This is Obama's dream! Keep Americans poor ...[text shortened]... ot all?

Bringing in large number of 3rd world citizens is only going to make things better![/b]
    Obama assumed office in January 2009.

Do you see any significance in Bush being in office up to the end of 2008 or the crash having happened in 2007 and 2008?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 15:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The "net worth" of a household is, to a large degree, determined by the value of their home, so it is not very surprising that it drops significantly after a housing bubble collapse. The remainder of the trend, as the article also mentioned, can be ascribed to increasing income and wealth inequality. While that is lamentable, and the Obama administratio ...[text shortened]... , I doubt the kind of policy that would address this issue successfully would have your support.
    So the fact that Obama has been in charge for all this time means nothing and none of this is a result of Obama's policies?
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 16:25
    So the fact that Obama has been in charge for all this time means nothing and none of this is a result of Obama's policies?
    You gave statistics for the period 2003 - 2013. I simply pointed out that Bush was in the White Office through the period 2003-2008 which is half the total and I enquired of you what significance you attach to this. Lehman Brothers collapsed and the crash took place under Bush and indeed Bush authorized bailing out the banks.

I am not an Obama fan as you may not have noticed.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 16:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You gave statistics for the period 2003 - 2013. I simply pointed out that Bush was in the White Office through the period 2003-2008 which is half the total and I enquired of you what significance you attach to this. Lehman Brothers collapsed and the crash took place under Bush and indeed Bush authorized bailing out the banks.

I am not an Obama fan as you may not have noticed.
    I ask again, do you believe this was Bush's fault or was Obama's policies also to blame?
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 16:43
    I ask again, do you believe this was Bush's fault or was Obama's policies also to blame?
    You have done nothing to deserve a lecture on the nature of the current crisis. I merely pointed out to you the absurdity of your opening post.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 16:51
    You have done nothing to deserve a lecture on the nature of the current crisis. I merely pointed out to you the absurdity of your opening post.
    I didn't ask for a lecture.

I'm just pointing out how stupid the left's position as long as they keep giving Obama a free pass.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 17:36
    I didn't ask for a lecture.

I'm just pointing out how stupid the left's position as long as they keep giving Obama a free pass.
    Obama is not on the Left.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 17:54
    Obama is not on the Left.
    That's why the leftists give him a free pass?
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 18:18
    That's why the leftists give him a free pass?
    No, That's why your attempt to develop an argument is a flop. If you want to argue a position go ahead but it will require more substance. Insinuating yourself into other threads to make your empty remarks may give you a kick but it is not enough to sustain a thread all on your own.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 18:31
    [b]The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation.

Bringing in large number of 3rd world citizens is only going to make things better![/b]
    Your corrupt bankers and your unwillingness to introduce any kind of financial reform has cost your economy trillions of dollars. No president could have robbed your country of as much as these criminals even if they tried.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 18:41

regardless of whos more to blame, obama or bush. at least with obama you are no longer the laughing stock of the world.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:20
    I don't understand why you are asking that question when the very post you are quoting says: "the Obama administration has done little to address it."
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 21:11

The masses will continue to believe that the DNC is for the poor, even though the top 1% keep funding their election drives.

Couple this with an education system that ranks 48th in the world and is devoid of teaching children critical thinking, you wind up with a bunch of slaves who are in love with their "Massa" cause it's a kinder gentler slavery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree