1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 08:15
    My alias is FabianFnas. Some of you remember me from earlier because I have been active in these forums a while ago. Newer members perhaps need an introduction.

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet. In my teens i started to think for myself and come to the conclusion that the old truths perhaps isn't the real truths at all, but just the convenient truths, the truths that makes everyone else happy, but not neccessarily yourself. The next step was to find the truth, my own truth. Not by asking for it, because of whom can you rely? But to think for yourself. That process is a never-ending process.

I am from Sweden and I am a part of the Swedish culture. As this is a mostly American forum so I learn a lot of how people from the American culture reason. In Sweden we know a lot of USA, mostly from Hollywood and music. So I find it very interesting to find out how the average American thinks of various subjects. Therefore by debating I learn a lot.

Debating tecniques and retorics interests me a lot. Political, religious, and everyday retorics. Retorics from everyday man and woman, but even more people from the marginal parts of the community. Fundamentalists of any aspect. And I find them here at the RHP Forums. I enjoy studying the various tecniques of retorics.

I respect people of other opinions. I think it is everyones right to express their thoughts. And I respect everyone that thespect people of other opinions. For short: I respect, and give them my respect, everyone who respect others. I don't respect people who go to personal attacks, because then they don't respect others right to have their own opinion. They have lost their point. That's my opinion.

Okay, now you know me. Let's debate!

Oh I forgot, I've quit playing chess. Don't invite me to clans, clubs, or games. But send me a personal mail if you want, I love them!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 08:20
    What would you like to debate?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 08:46
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    My alias is FabianFnas. Some of you remember me from earlier because I have been active in these forums a while ago. Newer members perhaps need an introduction.

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet. In my teens i started to think for myself and come to the conclusion that the old truths perhaps isn't the real truths at all, ...[text shortened]... Don't invite me to clans, clubs, or games. But send me a personal mail if you want, I love them!
    great one you are back!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 08:49
    Welcome back.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 09:031 edit

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet. In my teens i started to think for myself and come to the conclusion that the old truths perhaps isn't the real truths at all, ...[text shortened]... Don't invite me to clans, clubs, or games. But send me a personal mail if you want, I love them!
    I don't buy the whole packet either, but I am still a Christian. How about you?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 09:03

you've come to the wrong place to debate.

but anyway it is nice to have you back. i seem to remember you debated well.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 09:47

Welcome back, Gota😡
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 10:511 edit

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet.

I respect people of other opinions. I think it is everyones right to express their thoughts. For short: I respect, and give them my respect, everyone who respect others. I don't respect people who go to personal attacks, because then they don't respect others right to have their own opinion.
    Hi FabianFnas,

I seem to remember you too from several years ago.

If you debate based on logic and respect others' opinions, you will bring a breath of fresh air to this forum!

How about kicking off a suitable subject, and may i suggest perhaps based on your starting comment: what part of the "package deal" do you now reject, or is it the entire packet?

CJ
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:261 edit

Think for yourself? Come on, I thought everyone in Sweden was an athiest these days.

Blah!!!

Welcome back. 😡
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Think for yourself? Come on, I thought everyone in Sweden was an athiest these days.

Blah!!!

Welcome back. 😡
    If that were the case, I am almost certain they would have removed that cross from their flag.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If that were the case, I am almost certain they would have removed that cross from their flag.
    Right you are, RJH, right you are.

And for the sake of getting it correct. There are two yellow crosses on our blue flag. One of either side.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:211 edit

Oh yes I remember you. We had some useful arguments in the past.. πŸ™‚ Good to see you back.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 16:32
    As this is a mostly American forum

If I'm not mistaken, of the eleven different people present within this topic only two are actually American (both very, very smart by the way).

Not sure what the rest of the forum is like, but "mostly" American is probably not quite right.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]As this is a mostly American forum

If I'm not mistaken, of the eleven different people present within this topic only two are actually American (both very, very smart by the way).

Not sure what the rest of the forum is like, but "mostly" American is probably not quite right.[/b]
    There are more Americans than that here. Two? You sell us short.

Oh, and welcome back, Fabian, it's been awhile.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 20:27
    Until you posted there were 2 Americans posting in this thread. Now there are three.

It's a plague I tells ya.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree