1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 16:372 edits
    Integrity: Ours and God's

Part One:

a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"? b) In what ways does your integrity influence your thoughts, decisions and deeds? c) Does your integrity prevent you from doing certain things while compelling you to do others?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 17:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Integrity: Ours and God's

Part One:

a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"? b) In what ways does your integrity influence your thoughts, decisions and deeds? c) Does your integrity prevent you from doing certain things while compelling you to do others?[/b]
    a) Integrity, I would say, is the practical endeavour to apply morally sound principles to one's deeds and words, and its presence and consistency is a key element in our individual characters and how our personalities are perceived.

b) See (a) above.

c) Yes.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 17:07
    As for the "God's" element in "Integrity: Ours and God's", I'd say it's really up to each religionists to make whatever personal claims they want to about what they imagine to be their God figure's attributes in terms of 'integrity'.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 22:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    As for the "God's" element in "Integrity: Ours and God's", I'd say it's really up to each religionists to make whatever personal claims they want to about what they imagine to be their God figure's attributes in terms of 'integrity'.
    'Imagination' isn't really involved.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 01:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    'Imagination' isn't really involved.
    It certainly is in my view. And not just for Christians like you. It would be for Hindus and Muslims, for instance, to make their claims about what they imagine to be their God figures' attributes too. So what is your working definition of the word "integrity"?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 03:35

Part One:

a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"? b) In what ways does your integrity influence your thoughts, decisions and deeds? c) Does your integrity prevent you from doing certain things while compelling you to do others?[/b]
    The word "integrity" implies noble character. Howeve, the way you seem to be going with it can completely negate the positivity of that word. For example, in India there have been reports of women being raped and even killed because they weren't "respectable" or some variation of that word. Not being respectable included things like going on a date with a man who wasn't your husband. This is all from a documentary on that horrific rape that happened to a woman on a bus around 2012. I can post the Youtube link if anyone likes.

The point is, that the "integrity" of those men factored in their decision to horribly brutalize that woman to death. They thought she wasn't respectable and we're indignant at the fact that a woman went out in public with a man who want her husband. Their "integrity" want worth crap. Likewise with a god whose "integrity" leads to horrors like eternal hell.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 04:49
    Originally posted by vivify
    The word "integrity" implies noble character. Howeve, the way you seem to be going with it can completely negate the positivity of that word. For example, in India there have been reports of women being raped and even killed because they weren't "respectable" or some variation of that word. Not being respectable included things like going on a date with ...[text shortened]... ity" want worth crap. Likewise with a god whose "integrity" leads to horrors like eternal hell.
    "a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 05:33
    "a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"?
    What's yours, Grampy Bobby?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 15:29
    Integrity: Ours and God's

Part One:

a) What is your working definition of the word "integrity"

Integrity: noun "1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. 2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: "to preserve the integrity of the empire." 3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: "the integrity of a ship's hull." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/integrity

My understanding of this attribute: As human beings we are neither perfect nor stable. We must constantly decide to do the right things and to avoid doing the wrong things. We gradually acquire 'integrity' by making a critical mass of decisions in favor of doing what we know from our norms and standards to be right. We vacillate because integrity isn't natural to us.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:27

Part One:

Integrity: noun "1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. 2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: "to preserve the integrity of the empire." 3. a sound, unimp ...[text shortened]... rom our norms and standards to be right.[/i] We vacillate because integrity isn't natural to us.[/b]
    We lost our integrity when Adam left the True God.
    We can regain integrity (at least relative integrity) by learning our Heavenly Father's "house rules" through His Word the Bible and living according to them to the best of our ability.
    God's integrity has always been intact. He proved it by declaring His creation "good" and then not abandoning it.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:44

Part One:

In my definition integrity equates with genuine and authentic, which in turn relates to honesty and sincerity.

An individual can only live out those qualities of character associated with virtue to the degree of integrity they possess.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 22:39

Part One:

Integrity: noun "1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. 2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: "to preserve the integrity of the empire." 3. a sound, unimp ...[text shortened]... rom our norms and standards to be right.[/i] We vacillate because integrity isn't natural to us.[/b]
    No doubt integrity is attainable through love of God (1 John 5:3) For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 04:03
    Originally posted by roigam
    We lost our integrity when Adam left the True God.
    We can regain integrity (at least relative integrity) by learning our Heavenly Father's "house rules" through His Word the Bible and living according to them to the best of our ability.
    Do people who are not religious have integrity in your view?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 04:07
    We vacillate because integrity isn't natural to us.
    I would say that most people I have met in my lifetime have had and demonstrated integrity and that this quality came natural to them. Has this not been the case with the people you have met?
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 00:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would say that most people I have met in my lifetime have had and demonstrated integrity and that this quality came natural to them. Has this not been the case with the people you have met?
    You seem to be a very optimistic individual. Optimists look for the best in people and many times posit good to them. I'd like your rose colored glasses when you are done with them. It's a loving way to look at people.
    Our Creator looks at us like that and hopes for the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree