1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 13:04
    Is anyone else having the following trouble with Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11 and RedHotPawn.com?

If I am accurate this is how things are for me:
    1. I move the mouse cursor over to the right side of the internet window onto the grey bar of the large scroll bar, or under the grey bar of the large scroll bar, or onto the "down arrow" area of the large scroll bar.

2. If I do not move the cursor but keep the cursor still for about 4 seconds or so, the whole large scroll bar disappears and I have to move the mouse again so that the large scroll bar reappears.

It would be nice if the large scroll bar did not disappear when I keep the mouse cursor still. Clicking the mouse without moving the mouse does not lead to the large scroll bar reappearing. The constant appearance of the large scroll bar could be useful when trying to read postings in the forums.

Is there a way to set an Internet Explorer 11 setting to allow the large scroll bar not to disappear when keeping the mouse cursor on the large scroll bar area?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 15:40
    Is IE 11 the current version? Have you tried a different browser? That might be worth a try.

I run windows 7 and firefox and don't have the problems you have mentioned. I have also heard from several different people that chrome is a good browser.
  3. Joined
    10 May '12
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 16:37
    IE sucks. Get Google Chrome.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 11:23
    MwMiller and Others,
    The problem with Mozilla Firefox for me is that I cannot run the Java program at http://www.chesslab.com for the Chess Games Database. I used Firefox, but have uninstalled it or deleted it. I can run Java with Internet Explorer.

I tried entering one or more addresses of the chesslab site in the Firefox Exceptions List if I am not wrong, but I still could not run Java. Firefox stops it from running.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 11:25
    PikeJohn,
    Does Google Chrome allow the running of Java for the Chess Database on the http://www.chesslab.com website?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 13:31
    Originally posted by pikejohn
    IE sucks. Get Google Chrome.
    Google steals your data. Try Firefox instead.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 14:56
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    MwMiller and Others,
    The problem with Mozilla Firefox for me is that I cannot run the Java program at http://www.chesslab.com for the Chess Games Database. I used Firefox, but have uninstalled it or deleted it. I can run Java with Internet Explorer.

I tried entering one or more addresses of the chesslab site in the Firefox Exceptions List if I am not wrong, but I still could not run Java. Firefox stops it from running.
    I have a question.
    Did IE11 work correctly for you here with windows 7 at one time, or has it always had this problem for you?

If it used to work OK and suddenly started acting up it's possible you have picked up a virus or malware that is causing the problem. There is software around that can scan and clean up that problem if that's whats causing it.

If it has never worked correctly then you might try to completely uninstall IE11 and then install it from a fresh download and see if that does anything.

I still think switching to chrome or firefox would be a good move but only you can decide about that.

Firefox has disabled javascript because they have found it has vulnerabilities that could allow hacking into your machine, so basically they are attempting to protect you if I understand it correctly. Once java has cleaned up their problems then firefox will again run javascript, according to what I have seen about it.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 11:38
    For me it may be that Mozilla Firefox will not let me run Java because it blocks it from running when I want to use the database of chess games under the http://www.chesslab.com web site. I guess, I tried to enter websites in the Exceptions Area" in Firefox, but it still did not let me run Java for the chesslab.com database.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree