1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 05:23
    Hi..I am new here, but not to chess. I'm looking for serious players who don't take more than 3 days to answer..under ANY circumstances. With NO time outs/vacations. Is this the right website for me ?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 07:40
    yes, if you set your challenges up with the correct parameters
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 12:48
    This website has teams (clans) and tournaments...I would like the competition, but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. Some chess sites allow W-A-Y too much time for players to answer. It takes all the fun out of getting a winning advantage !
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 15:57
    Originally posted by woadman
    This website has teams (clans) and tournaments...I would like the competition, but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. Some chess sites allow W-A-Y too much time for players to answer. It takes all the fun out of getting a winning advantage !
    If you subscribe you can play short duration tournaments , blitz and find a clan to join which plays quickly.
    As a non sub you can only play a max of 6 games and as stated have to set your own perameters and hope someone takes up the challenge.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 22:50
    ... but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. !
    Not everyone can see as deep as you!

btw: Do you think the position is lost for black at the start of the game?

Or do you normally offer a draw?
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 01:05
    It's my personal belief that (given equally strong players) the Black side should be able to draw... White might have a change to win. Also, I dont like short draws..I rather like to play endgames....
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 09:02
    Not all lost positions end up that way. Sometimes you get lucky.

8. e4
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 12:16
    Enthralling game Dwell, from your post and the way the game went
    in the opening I was trying to anticipate where White would blunder.
    When it got down to a Rook each there was only one way Black
    was going to win it.

You had no need to shed the exchange and the set up was quite
    similar to a game on here I was looking at a while back.

9. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 14:552 edits
    Hi..I am new here, but not to chess. I'm looking for serious players who don't take more than 3 days to answer..under ANY circumstances. With NO time outs/vacations. Is this the right website for me ?
    I do not think we will meet your high expectations.
    I think you will end up going elsewhere.
    It is our loss. Sob.
    We will not see you rocket to the top of the leader board.

Stay,I beseech thee.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree