1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 10:233 edits
    No wonder Galveston and carrobie have their heads down.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/01/us-usa-abuse-california-idUSKBN0IL2O320141101

"God's sole voice of truth on earth" I don't think so.

The judge found that the conduct of the Watchtower, the Governing Body the Jehovah's Witness organisation had acted with reckless disregard for the safety of children and that their conduct was reprehensible. And the local elders told the mother of the victim not to report the abuse to the authorities.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/135M-settlement-for-child-sex-abuse-victim-Church-accused-of-cover-up-281076722.html
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No wonder Galveston and carrobie have their heads down.
    When a case such as this was last discussed here Thread 148246, from about page 13 onwards, robbie carrobie reacted and then behaved in a most peculiar, relentlessly abusive way. He even tried to casually smear the victim of the child sex abuse at one point even when he knew the paedophile JW member had admitted his wrongdoing.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:17
    galveston75 called me "pure evil" for just asking him about this issue on Thread 160899.

Originally posted by galveston75
    These [child abuse] are things JW parents would never do to their children. But if they did they would be removed from the congregation, unlike most so called christian churches today who would not remove them.

Originally posted by FMF
    So in cases of child abuse you expel the family and wash your hands of it? Has your organisation ever been found guilty of covering up child abuse by its members?

Originally posted by galveston75
    Look it up yourself as you both seem to "know it all anyway". No matter how I answer you and "dumbo dive dude", you two are not looking for anything but what you two can razz others about. The more you two keep posting this sillyness the more you expose your motives which is pure evil.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 11:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    When a case such as this was last discussed here Thread 148246, from about page 13 onwards, robbie carrobie reacted and then behaved in a most peculiar, relentlessly abusive way. He even tried to casually smear the victim of the child sex abuse at one point even when he knew the paedophile JW member had admitted his wrongdoing.
    Apart from the size of the fine, what caught my eye was the way the judge condemned the JW leadership for attempting to cover up the issue. I expect the size of the penalty is reflective of this as well as the abuse itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree