RIP & may justice be done
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 20:57
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Last I heard, it was still unclear which side fired the missile or whether the launcher was automated. The Ukrainian government has denied that their military fired the missile though how they would know this with certainty is unknown.
  3. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 07:02
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Bottom line is its murder not war ,someone ordered the missile fired with or without identifying what sort of plane they were firing at.
  4. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 09:30
    Originally posted by gareth cobb
    Bottom line is its murder not war ,someone ordered the missile fired with or without identifying what sort of plane they were firing at.
    I believe the rebels admitted that they shot down an Antonov cargo plane days before this happened. Makes me wonder why Malaysian Airlines didn't take note of this and changed their routes. I also heard it was a SAM-17 system that was used, and it can easily reach heights of 33,000ft (10,000m) which the commercial airlines normally use. 🙁
  5. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 20:14
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    I believe the rebels admitted that they shot down an Antonov cargo plane days before this happened. Makes me wonder why Malaysian Airlines didn't take note of this and changed their routes. I also heard it was a SAM-17 system that was used, and it can easily reach heights of 33,000ft (10,000m) which the commercial airlines normally use. 🙁
    It seems mad to fly that route.Some airlines had stopped flying over the Crimean region.Others had thought it was still safe at that height.Strangely the Ukraine authorities that approved the flight told them to fly lower than the 35000 feet the flight had been logged to fly at.Why anyone would fire at a plane and guess what sort of plane it was is a mystery.The Russian seperatists had the means to do it ,but nothing to be gained by shooting a civilian plane unless they made a cowboy mistake.Everyone is blaming Russia without evidence but maybe it was a conspiracy and thats what they wanted.
  6. rebel city
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 20:32
    Originally posted by gareth cobb
    It seems mad to fly that route.Some airlines had stopped flying over the Crimean region.Others had thought it was still safe at that height.Strangely the Ukraine authorities that approved the flight told them to fly lower than the 35000 feet the flight had been logged to fly at.Why anyone would fire at a plane and guess what sort of plane it was is a mys ...[text shortened]... is blaming Russia without evidence but maybe it was a conspiracy and thats what they wanted.
    I personally don't think it was a conspiracy but the fact that the Russians provide the weapons means that they are implicated. One can only hope that such a tragedy will bring lessons and positive political results. On the other hand, it might escalate into something nasty. Hate to think of it, hate to think of another Balkan like conflict right now in Europe.
  7. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 20:39
    No I doubt it was a conspiracy considering the Ukraine rebel pro russian leader claimed to have shot a plane down around the same time on vkontakte then took his report of the message board .Most likely this guy who had warned people of flying over Ukraine airspace did it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree