1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 18:24
    Jesus predicted that at “the conclusion of the system of things” a climate of fear would cover the earth. He said that there would be “fearful sights” and that men would “become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth.” (Lu 21:11, 26)
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 19:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Jesus predicted that ....
    I predict it will rain in Manchester.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 20:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I predict it will rain in Manchester.
    It'l rain in Seattle first.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 20:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It'l rain in Seattle first.
    Does that make you fearful of the things coming upon the inhabited earth?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 21:08
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Does that make you fearful of the things coming upon the inhabited earth?
    Oh yeah, it starts raining in Seattle and next thing you know, its a flood in Phoenix. Got to be prepared. Might even get an umbrella.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 22:18
    Jesus predicted that at “the conclusion of the system of things” a climate of fear would cover the earth. He said that there would be “fearful sights” and that men would “become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth.” (Lu 21:11, 26)
    To be honest, it would've been more impressive if he had said "a fear of climate".
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 22:58
    what do you all make of UFO's ?

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:04
    Luke 21:11-26 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

12 “But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. 13 It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. 14 So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; 15 for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16 But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, 17 and you will be hated by all because of My name. 18 Yet not a hair of your head will perish. 19 By your endurance you will gain your lives.

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. 21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; 22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. 23 Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of Christ
    25 “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Manny
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:50
    More signs of the conclusion of this system...
    What a pity you don't take any care over cultivating your credibility ~ and the credibility of your beliefs ~ in this community; quite the opposite, in fact. You might as well write "The End is Nigh" on a sandwich board and traipse up and down Regent's Street in London.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    what do you all make of UFO's ?
    The very idea of UFOs serves to show how exquisitely parochial earthbound religionists' notions might well be. 😉
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    The very idea of UFOs serves to show how exquisitely parochial earthbound religionists' notions might well be. 😉
    Parochial had to look that up 😉 C.S. Lewis wrote books on this subject fiction of course .....The Vastness of the universe why not other beings and civilizations out there

Manny
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 03:05
    Parochial had to look that up 😉 C.S. Lewis wrote books on this subject fiction of course .....The Vastness of the universe why not other beings and civilizations out there

Manny
    Yes, maybe there is ancient Hebrew mythology on millions and millions of planets out there. 😵
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 03:151 edit

Manny
    That's the whole point, isn't it? UFOs are out there, so they're safe to believe in. It's certainly not in here, meaning in the heart, like religion is. The heart is where oftentimes, humans fear to tread, especially if the heart is their own.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 03:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's the whole point, isn't it? UFOs are out there, so they're safe to believe in. It's certainly not in here, meaning in the heart, like religion is. The heart is where oftentimes, humans fear to tread, especially if the heart is their own.
    Actually, I think "the whole point" is that if there is life all across the universe, what are the implications of that for "local" retail religions like Islam, Hinduism and Christianity here on Earth. That philosophical question strikes me as more interesting than you talking about how people with different beliefs form you are somehow "fearing to tread" somewhere or other and you seeming to pat yourself on the back for some form of 'bravery'. 😉
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 04:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually, I think "the whole point" is that if there is life all across the universe, what are the implications of that for "local" retail religions like Islam, Hinduism and Christianity here on Earth. That philosophical question strikes me as more interesting than you talking about how people with different beliefs form you are somehow "fearing to tread" somewhere or other and you seeming to pat yourself on the back for some form of 'bravery'. 😉
    Please. Isn't all this just yet another form of the "same old, same old" from you guys?

And oh yeah, I almost didn't notice this as it was buried so far under the 'shinola'. What exactly is a "retail religion"? Is your religion a "wholesale religion"?

My point was that yes, it's easy for people to believe in UFOs because they get to look outward and say "look at that!" as some sort of misdirection and to keep from having to look inward at their own heart and motivations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree