1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 07:50
    I ran accross a nice clip of Anatoly Karpov and his efforts regarding Russia's national summer clean up. This a left over tradition from the old Soviet system, and frankly I think it's a pretty good one. Traditions like this do more than simply clean the enviornment. They bring neighbors together who don't normally have time to chat, teach children the value of teamwork, and offer a chance to make new friends. America has earth day of course, but few American's do more than pay lip service to it. This is not a political issue, it's a community issue, and one that I'd like to see more of In America. In these days when most of us communicate with our friends through our computers and cell phones, perhaps more face to face meetings, coupled with doing good for enviornment would do us all some good. Thoughts?

YouTube
  2. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    I ran accross a nice clip of Anatoly Karpov and his efforts regarding Russia's national summer clean up. This a left over tradition from the old Soviet system, and frankly I think it's a pretty good one. Traditions like this do more than simply clean the enviornment. They bring neighbors together who don't normally have time to chat, teach children the value ...[text shortened]... r enviornment would do us all some good. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZXkKNb2v4U
    Hey rich libertarians! Voluntary charity to put the American people back to work, and develop solar energy to help fix global warming...? Voluntary charity to provide healthcare to the poor?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 23:44
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Hey rich libertarians! Voluntary charity to put the American people back to work, and develop solar energy to help fix global warming...? Voluntary charity to provide healthcare to the poor?
    global warming, you're kidding right?
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 08:36
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    global warming, you're kidding right?
    Your lack of scientific literacy is profoundly unimpressive. Do you listen to Professor Rush Limbaugh and Professor Glenn Beck, the world's leading scientific experts on global warming...?
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 10:30
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Some people pick up some trash.

karnachz goes into a rant about 'rich libertarians', 'solar power', 'global warming' and 'healthcare'.

Blinkered fanatic.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 05:57
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Some people pick up some trash.

karnachz goes into a rant about 'rich libertarians', 'solar power', 'global warming' and 'healthcare'.

Blinkered fanatic.
    So Wajoma, what voluntary charity activities have you engaged in lately?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree