1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 09:292 edits
    In response to the results from the recent consultation regarding clan league changes, we have replicated the existing leagues but with only a 4 man team requirement.

The start date for these new leagues will be staggered. A start date will be announced once we evaluate the response to these new leagues.

To summarise all recent changes.

- All future seasons will feature 6 teams per division for all leagues. (Down from 10)
    - The existing 6 man team league has been mirrored to create the new 4 man teams.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 12:22
    Why, but why?

Why operate with two sets of divisions? What's next? Teams of two and only 4 teams per division, teams of 5 and 8 teams per division?

Like boxing with 4 different federations with their own world champion. The product of clan leagues will be severly diluted in my opinion.

Richardt (Clan Scandinavia)
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 17:06
    What he said!
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 17:53
    Originally posted by Richardt Hansen
    Why, but why?

Why operate with two sets of divisions? What's next? Teams of two and only 4 teams per division, teams of 5 and 8 teams per division?

Like boxing with 4 different federations with their own world champion. The product of clan leagues will be severly diluted in my opinion.

I disagree.
    If the leagues are to survive -and I'm not a big fan of the leagues by the way, something has to be done.
    One of the main reasons clans don't enter is the prospect of a dollop of games being dumped in their inbox at one go.
    As I recall there was a vote for all clan leaders as to what changes they were in favour of
    The changes are a result of that poll.
    What does it matter how many leagues run in tandem?
    as with tournaments you enter the ones that suit you best and ignore the rest.
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 08:51
    Originally posted by Richardt Hansen
    Why, but why?

If you have 10 members who want to play clan leagues, now you can put 6 in the one league and the other 4 in the other league and everyone gets a go.

If you have a small clan and only 4 or 5 willing, now you are catered for.

If you only have 6 willing members, and they want to play both, you can do that too. 🙂

Smaller divisions also maybe mean that the league will end sooner.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 08:52
    Registering seems slow though. Anyway to re announce it?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Jun '12 20:10
    Originally posted by Costad
    Registering seems slow though. Anyway to re announce it?
    I don't expect there will be a big response for a while.
    Our clan just scraped up enough players for the latest 3:7 six man league.
    Maybe when the current seasons are well under way players will show some interest in a different league.
    All clan leaders can do is to keep reminding their members of the leagues available.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 09:05
    Once we get some firm dates, I'll broadcast a message again. The starts will be staggered though - with the most popular league kicking off first.
  9. Joined
    19 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 17:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    Once we get some firm dates, I'll broadcast a message again. The starts will be staggered though - with the most popular league kicking off first.
    Any idea when the others are going to go? I know you are going to stagger them - but by how much? Does the next 6 man 1 day league figure into the stagger?

Thanks

m

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree