1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 13:56
    On my last computer when I sign in it would remember both name and PW. This new comp, win7 machine, only remembers name but not PW. How do I get it to remember both so I don't have to type in the PW each time?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 14:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    On my last computer when I sign in it would remember both name and PW. This new comp, win7 machine, only remembers name but not PW. How do I get it to remember both so I don't have to type in the PW each time?
    Check your browser security settings.

In my case I use firefox with windows7, and under Tools/Options/Security there is a box to check if I want my browser to remember passwords.

I don't know what browser you have but you should have similar options at the top of the page. Once selected, you may need to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.

I hope that helps!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 14:541 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Check your browser security settings.

In my case I use firefox with windows7, and under Tools/Options/Security there is a box to check if I want my browser to remember passwords.

I don't know what browser you have but you should have similar options at the top of the page. Once selected, you may need to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.

I hope that helps!
    Thanks, that might do it. I use Chrome so have to look to see settings.

Why does it remember the name (when I type d, my email comes up)?

Just noticed something: When I sign in normally, it grabs both name and PW. When I go 'incognito' (a chrome attribute) that is when I enter d for first letter of email for user name and then have to manually enter the PW.

So it is the 'incognito' screen that forces manual entry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree