1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 10:511 edit
    http://wegoted.com/2015/04/warren-says-obama-administration-hiding-details-on-trade-deal/

Warren Says Obama Administration Hiding Details on Trade Deal
    23rd April 2015
    Brent
    Blog

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-MA, continued the back and forth with President Obama Wednesday, calling on him to make details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership public. The comment comes the day after the President said Warren and other critics were wrong on the facts of the deal.

The administration has briefed members of Congress on the deal, but have barred them from discussing specifics.

Sen. Warren is now accusing the administration of hiding the unpopular details of the deal from the public on purpose.

“The government doesn’t want you to read this massive new trade agreement. It’s top secret,” Warren said in a statement released on her website. “Why? Here’s the real answer people have given me: ‘We can’t make this deal public because if the American people saw what was in it, they would be opposed to it.'”

“If the American people would be opposed to a trade agreement if they saw it, then that agreement should not become the law of the United States,” Warren continued.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 10:54
    How can politicians keep the details from the public?

I ask this realizing that Warren is just making her Presidential bid and her opposition is devoid of substance. I also realize now that those in power no longer need our support, they just find a way back into power.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 23:10
    With the same logic that says if you want to know what is in the bill you must pass the bill.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 01:35
    Originally posted by whodey

I ask this realizing that Warren is just making her Presidential bid and her opposition is devoid of substance. I also realize now that those in power no longer need our support, they just find a way back into power.
    Elizabeth Warren is not running.
  5. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 14:511 edit

By not disclosing them and focusing on different talking points when their faces are televised. With the pundits following along. If you ask an average American about TPP, I'd estimate you'll be lucky if 1 out of 100 is even aware of it.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 03:39
    Originally posted by henjutsu
    Arguing with what you say would only prove futile.

Well said.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 03:57

Is she now running for President? I haven't heard that news. I thought she had said she was not running.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree