1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 16:241 edit
    It seems only certain religious organizations are allowed to exempt themselves from the Obamacare mandate for birth control.

If you are not familiar with the Estate system of the pre-French Revolution period then you might want to read up on it.

According to Obamacare, only a special class of people in the US are allowed to practice their religious beliefs by being exempted from funding abortion. This is nothing more than creating special classes in the US. If you belong to this class, then you are allowed to have your religious beliefs validated. If you do not belong to the special class then your religious beliefs are of no importance.

Way to go Obama, way to take us back.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 19:12
    Originally posted by Eladar
    It seems only certain religious organizations are allowed to exempt themselves from the Obamacare mandate for birth control.

If you are not familiar with the Estate system of the pre-French Revolution period then you might want to read up on it.

According to Obamacare, only a special class of people in the US are allowed to practice their religious beli ...[text shortened]... class then your religious beliefs are of no importance.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, although I have to believe that Sonia Sotomayor's stay of the order was quite the surprise in the West Wing.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 19:18
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, although I have to believe that Sonia Sotomayor's stay of the order was quite the surprise in the West Wing.
    I doubt it; they always knew that this issue was headed for the SCOTUS.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 19:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I doubt it; they always knew that this issue was headed for the SCOTUS.
    And what's your take then? I think you'll have an interesting perspective.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 19:56
    And what's your take then? I think you'll have an interesting perspective.
    The nuns probably should win.

Hobby Lobby should lose; the idea that corporations, artificially created institutions, have a "right" to religious "freedom" is ridiculous on its face.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 20:32
    I'm pointing out how Obama is creating classes within society. If you belong to a special class then you get special perks.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 20:361 edit
    I'm pointing out how Obama is creating classes within society. If you belong to a special class then you get special perks.
    The law in question, the Religious Freedom restoration Act, was passed 20 years ago long before Obama. And it was passed at the behest of religious institutions.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 20:59
    The nuns probably should win.

Hobby Lobby should lose; the idea that corporations, artificially created institutions, have a "right" to religious "freedom" is ridiculous on its face.
    Corporations are made up of people and people should have the right to religious freedom.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:05
    The law in question, the Religious Freedom restoration Act, was passed 20 years ago long before Obama. And it was passed at the behest of religious institutions.
    The Constitution is even older.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:07
    Corporations are made up of people and people should have the right to religious freedom.
    Corporations are not "made up of people".
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:14
    Corporations are not "made up of people".
    Really?

I guess you think they are run by computers or something.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:22
    Really?

I guess you think they are run by computers or something.
    A corporation is no more "made up of people" than a shovel is. It's a tool created by people to perform certain functions thought to be useful, but the idea that it would have any "rights" that were not specifically and explicitly granted to it is bizarre fetishism.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:251 edit
    A corporation is no more "made up of people" than a shovel is. It's a tool created by people to perform certain functions thought to be useful, but the idea that it would have any "rights" that were not specifically and explicitly granted to it is bizarre fetishism.
    I think a 'tool' is a great word to use in this discussion, although I don't think it applies to a Corporation.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:27
    I think a 'tool' is a great word to use in this discussion, although I don't think it applies to a Corporation.
    Further response is pointless; you can't seem to grasp even the most basic concepts.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 21:36

According to Obamacare, only a special class of people in the US are allowed to practice their religious beli ...[text shortened]... class then your religious beliefs are of no importance.

Obamas a Catholic now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree