1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 05:04
    Written by a Christian on another thread: "Options in the Wilderness of Planet Earth: a) Fall in line with your peers; b) Seek to emulate some mentor; c) Follow Christ."

This strikes me as an extremely jaundiced and restricted take on the human condition, and yet it is not uncommon among religionists ~ I can think of a few Muslim friends who have said something similar over the years, with a tweak to the Christ bit.

Does a person with a pessimistic and truncated world view like this become attracted to a religious creed that then seems to stoke it and vindicate it, or does the adoption or adherence to a religious creed alter a person so that they become pessimistic and begin subscribing to a severely limited perception of fellow humans?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 05:32
    RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous Thread 162611 (Page 12)

"Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent posts. Which "contributors"? Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity. All of you are invited to post here, except trolls. -Bob"

"Options in the Wilderness of Planet Earth: a) Fall in line with your peers; b) Seek to emulate some mentor; c) Follow Christ; d) Huddle in your man cave and feebly hope for the best; e) Walk around self absorbed in circles in the dark."
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 06:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Options in the Wilderness of Planet Earth: a) Fall in line with your peers; b) Seek to emulate some mentor; c) Follow Christ; d) Huddle in your man cave and feebly hope for the best; e) Walk around self absorbed in circles in the dark."
    Surely, having lived as long as you say you have, you've met loads of people who simply did not fit into boxes (a) to (e), right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree