1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 19:10
    Thought it might be fun to celebrate the gullibility of the stupid by sharing some or our favorite internet frauds.
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 19:141 edit
    My favorite is, and always will be, the waitress Toni from Tennessee who claimed that a customer stiffed her for a tip and wrote on the check "No tips for you N______."

On a receipt they paid for with a credit card no less.

She did what anyone would do when they were the victim of racial prejudice: she went right to facebook and started asking for money.

In the end, a smart kid from California set up a website "Tips for Toni" and raised 10s of thousands of dollars. Eventually Toni got 14,000.

Turns out, none of this ever happened. Not surprisingly, people who pay with a credit card don't call people the N-word on a receipt that includes their name. (The KKK called itself the 'Invisible Empire' for a reason.)
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 19:37
    I am about to come into a lot of money.
    A Nigerian Prince emailed me saying his father had recently died and left me 2 million dollars.
    Obviously I emailed back with my bank details and PIN.
    Any day now I will be jetting orf to Mauritius and laying on a beach quaffing champers and cracking open a lobster.
    Farewell chumps (apart from Badge and Seitse)
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 20:58
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    I am about to come into a lot of money.
    A Nigerian Prince emailed me saying his father had recently died and left me 2 million dollars.
    Obviously I emailed back with my bank details and PIN.
    Any day now I will be jetting orf to Mauritius and laying on a beach quaffing champers and cracking open a lobster.
    Farewell chumps (apart from Badge and Seitse)
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. We don't get fooled again. Hey hey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree