1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 12:52
    http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/pope-declares-turkish-genocide-6281611

Pope Francis just came out and said that the first genocide of the 20th century came at the hands of Ottoman Turks who slaughtered Armenian Christians.

So much for being hip with the left.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 13:43
    Originally posted by whodey

Pope Francis just came out and said that the first genocide of the 20th century came at the hands of Ottoman Turks who slaughtered Armenian Christians.

are you denying it and can you tell us what it has to do with being left wing?
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you denying it and can you tell us what it has to do with being left wing?
    As far as I can make out what passes for reasoning among teabaggers, they believe Turks = Ay-rabs, Ay-rabs = popular with the left, therefore anything Turkey does, no matter how dictatorial and traditionally right-wing stateist, must be beloved of the left.
    Unfortunately for him this reasoning is specious on all points, and normal left-wing people don't like genocide no matter whether it's done by whodey's "friends" or his "enemies".
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    normal left-wing people don't like genocide

I tend to vote Democratic party. Yet I have to admit that the 4,000 plus children who will be aborted today on average (just in the US) is not viewed on par with genocide of human beings by much of the left.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    I tend to vote Democratic party. Yet I have to admit that the 4,000 plus children who will be aborted today on average (just in the US) is not viewed on par with genocide of human beings by much of the left.
    That it is because it is not viewed as genocide by them. I too do not consider it genocide. And that's without even getting picky about what the word means. I just don't see abortion as murder.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:441 edit
    Yet those 4000 plus children will go to heaven, whilst if they had been born, would have had a better than 80% chance of going to hell.

Thank God for abortion!

Reveal Hidden Content
    I just love to mess around with hellfire theology when I get a chance to show its absurdness!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:472 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That it is because it is not viewed as genocide by them. I too do not consider it genocide. And that's without even getting picky about what the word means. I just don't see abortion as murder.
    I understand that. And I thought that way even after becoming a Christian, for some years.

People do change. And on this matter, eventually, and even slowly, I changed my mind. I one day said to myself - "This killing of the unborn human is not a good choice. It should be avoided if possible."

I know of some places that assist women who are having the crisis of a unwanted pregnancy. And they are in this case Christians.

What I want to inform you of is that part of their professional, practical, medical and spiritual help also includes assistance to those women who decide to go on through with the abortion.

They do not react with a callous "We told you so! Now you suffer. Get away from here." On the contrary, they extend help to those women who decide against their counseling, to go ahead with the termination of the child.

This impresses me if not anyone else. They are really there to help the women who find themselves in this difficult choice situation.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 15:54
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Yet those 4000 plus children will go to heaven, whilst if they had been born, would have had a better than 80% chance of going to hell.

Thank God for abortion!

[hidden]I just love to mess around with hellfire theology when I get a chance to show its absurdness![/hidden]
    Is this sarcasm, tongue in cheek or are you serious ?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:047 edits
    Originally posted by CalJust

Thank God for abortion!

The tone of your quip, to me, has this kind of thought:

"We human beings can invent a clever way to kind of out maneuver the Almighty. If God is a kind of great cosmic program, maybe we can use our knowledge of probability to out think His ways."

My feeling about this is this is a totally vain hope. The self trust that makes one think he can cleverly work around or out think the Governor of the universe, maybe tie His hands, maybe catch Him and tie Him up in His own schemes, is fool hearty.

Any kind of insinuation that we humans can devise (individually or collectively) some clever way to work around a confrontation with perfect righteousness and perfect knowledge, is a hope that is in for a rendezvous with bitter disappointment.

CalJust, don't think your being clever. It is not going to be clever enough.

I think a wiser approach is to personally go to God and seek what He would have you to do and seek His grace to obey.

Neither of us can live for another person. We each have our own lives to live before this One.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 18:25
    CalJust, don't think your being clever. It is not going to be clever enough.
    Neither of us can live for another person. We each have our own lives to live before this One.
    No, I am not trying to be clever.

I am just challenging you to honestly take your theology through to its logical conclusion.

And I really don't understand what you mean by the rest of your post.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 19:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    As far as I can make out what passes for reasoning among teabaggers, they believe Turks = Ay-rabs, Ay-rabs = popular with the left, therefore anything Turkey does, no matter how dictatorial and traditionally right-wing stateist, must be beloved of the left.
    Unfortunately for him this reasoning is specious on all points, and normal left-wing people don't like genocide no matter whether it's done by whodey's "friends" or his "enemies".
    Thank you I was wondering, now I know.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 20:06
    The tone of your quip, to me, has this kind of thought:

Instead of worrying about the tone why not just challenge the post?

Two statements were made.

1. Aborted foetuses go to heaven.

2. Approx 80% of us do not.

Do you agree with both, one or neither?

He then reasoned that aborting a foetus was in effect saving its
    soul since it was more likely to not go to heaven if not aborted.

That just seems like a logical deduction. Agree/disagree?

Skip the bible quotes and what god wants/doesn't want. Use your mind.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 22:11
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Instead of worrying about the tone why not just challenge the post?

Two statements were made.

1. Aborted foetuses go to heaven.

2. Approx 80% of us do not.

Do you agree with both, one or neither?

He then reasoned that aborting a foetus was in effect saving its
    soul since it was more likely to not go to heaven if not aborted.

That just ...[text shortened]... uction. Agree/disagree?

Skip the bible quotes and what god wants/doesn't want. Use your mind.
    I just knew someone would skip the hidden part altogether.

Are you so eager to believe he was serious?

Maybe you should ask yourself why you are so ready to think that.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 00:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I just knew someone would skip the hidden part altogether.

Are you so eager to believe he was serious?

Maybe you should ask yourself why you are so ready to think that.
    Go back and read the posts carefully dear.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 00:18
    Originally posted by whodey

I don't get this post either, but I'm guessing it has something to do with your "left-hating" attitude that gets in the way of having any reasoning faculties.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree